1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Story Of A 1098r...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Feb 10, 2019.

1. I never saw his Fila no, he had his 512 back in the 80's I think. I used to go to the old Café often from 81 onwards...

2. I think some old guy pulled out on him. Fecked him up good and proper. Surprised he’s thinking of a sports bike so soon. Good on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes I went around 1966/7 on my Villiers twin that I tuned to death when at school in metalwork. Teachers didn't have clue what I was doing. Not sure I did either come to think of it. Memories eh I think he sold the Ferrari after coming back from Le-mans with us & the clutch went yet again. He had his etype at the same time as I had mine. 1973ish. Been there tonight as only live 3 mins round corner away.

4. His girlfriend was telling me the accident was not his fault. I'm guessing they replaced the bike with a new one. I think he is older than me & i'm an old fart. That's why i'm riding the Multi now.

5. I struggle to get there midweek as I'm back in York late after work, then need to Skype family in Czech Republic every night :innocent:. Get there often on summer weekends though when the sun is shinning! :sun:

6. I go religiously go Tue , Thurs, Sun nights with a gang of friends. We usually meet up on Sat mornings & Sun mornings for ride outs. In warmer weather. Bet we pass your way a lot. East coast rides. Sometimes we go North west to Hawes or the lakes. How many of your bikes do you ride.

7. I had 4 on the road last year (2 1098R's only due to one popping a rad) my workhorse R1 and a Yam YR5 - most of my mates have 2 strokes in their stable so we have fun times on them! So usually 3 on the road in the simmer, and none in winter :cold_sweat:

8. Nearly bought a widowmaker last year. Kawasaki 750 triple. But after buying way too many old classics & then realising that most of them were actually crap stopped me. I am just trying to decide on a newish performance car at moment, so no more bikes till I sell some stuff to make room.

9. One of our posse is an old H2 750 :)

10. @cookster has a cracker for sale

• Like Like x 1
  11. A few come to café on Thursday nights. Classic bike night. Love to see them. Love all the old classics.

12. Noo don't get me going. Where is it. got to see it.

13. Is it advertised somewhere

14. Isn't that a 4 stroke. We are talking about classic 2 strokes that rag your arms out & then chuck you off in a ditch somewhere. Bit overdramatic but hey it's late.

15. Was he talking about a car maybe :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Yes cars. Big problem for me, cannot make up my mind. Looked at Vantage 4.7, F-type 5.0. C63, Rs4, Rs5, Now watching road tests on Rs3 & Focus Rs. Buts think that's just the boy in me.

17. My old mans got a ‘78 silk 700s 2 stroke. His day is thurs for classics at squires. ( not sure it’ll pull yer arms off though! )
    Sounds unique though.

18. Ah wondered what bike you meant. Looks like a Scott squirel.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information