1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Three F's.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by finm, Jun 26, 2018.

1. yip, i was thinking down these lines.

2. I have a ‘titanium’ coloured anodised cover from Oberon on my rear reservoir.
    No signs of corrosion and looks tasteful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. coolio. i haven't got round to painting the covers yet. when ever i have the time, a run on the 848 looks more appealing. you know how it is.
    i need a closer workshop.

4. To late i know, one of my forks on the 748 started to leak a month ago and showed oil after every ride, didn't fancy replacing the seals before the winter so I purchased one of these SEALBUDDY bits of plastic to clean the existing seal contact points, when I tried it I couldn't believe how much dirt and grime it removed and even better, after pumping the forks a number of times and wiping the forks the oil residue cleared, then went for a run and no sign of a leak, it does seem to have cured it for now.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Only takes a few moments to order the Oberon covers and another few to screw them on...
    :) lol

6. nice one, you wont mind doing it for me then. :innocent:
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. No problem me old mate, just pm me your eBay and pay pal account details and I’ll have it done in a jiffy

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. hmm, dont seem fair. you get all the purchase pleasure, i get the bill?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Can’t take it with you.

10. watch me. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Spoken like a true Scot

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. these things take time..
    aye, easy enough, one you make the tools. the cap at the top was easy. i used a 36mm drive shaft nut with 3mm holes drilled in to the flange side, with cut down 3mm drill bits locktighted in.
    unless i made a meal if it, the lock nut on the underside was a beeeeaaach. its resessed away inside the cap with a spacer in the way unlike what was in any video i watched or the manual i have, warra mofo. i eventually used a 17mm 3/8ths socket sliced in a brake pipe spanner stylie, cut shorter and a cut to suit a 17mm spanner. its a two man job. you need sombody to pull the spring and spacer down as you insert the socket. then pull the spring and spacer down again to insert an open ended 17mm spanner to the flats on the socket i cut into them.
    quite chuffed with the tools i made.
    totaly pissed of its taken *cough* hours.

• Like Like x 1
  13. righto. front disks, expensive? i still have this shudder through the front brake after wet and drying the crap right out of them and fitting new pads after the fork seal failure. this is the second set in 20k the first being fitted under warranty at 7.5k. the shudder has been there for as long as i can remember, but like i said, these things take time.

14. Have you checked the disks for runout? I hear lots about sticking bobbins but I've never had a problem with either my ST4 or previous M900 (touch wood) with their older style brembos?

15. i havent checked for runout. and no pulsing through the lever. when i had the wheel off i checked if the disks moved on the bobbins. they did. but not sure if free enough or the the correct amount of movement.

16. Hmmm, phantom brake shudder - like you've tried, there is plenty of info around pad material being left on discs causing it so if wet n dry or slamming on the anchors doesn't sort it...… new discs SHOULD sort it :thinkingface: or bleedin' better at that cost

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. aye, biking is gonna be expensive enough this year. the 848 is going in for the full bhuna and tyres next month too.
    ouch.

18. You need to get that workshop of yours as an approved Ducati centre…. that would be a proper self cost reduction plan :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. its hard enough to get the staff as is. the dumb ferk that did the fork seals didnt even know to back off the preload before attepting to undo the lock nut on the fork caps.
    geeze.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I'm quite sure Brexit will right all wrongs done previously in the field of training and competence since Thatcher destroyed all forms of UK industry - we have good times ahead :thinkingface: or so someone said, I can't remember who....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information