1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trackday Conundrum

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Jun 25, 2020.

1. I mentioned to this guy on another forum that I thought his overtaking was a bit wild for a trackday and he took the proper hump with me.
    Check out the moves at 6.27, 6.40 and 7.55 specifically.

#61 NoGutsNoGlory, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. I'd be having serious words about that

3. It looks like he hits the guys leg at 6.27.

4. Sitting in my car in a car park watching that and my “thoughts” came out loud at the points you mentioned....have been thinking about tracks for sometime if I had the cash to sort a cheapish track bike, after watching that I just thought fk that - the roads are safer....and then literally watched a fat cow in a fiat 500 just drive past with her head in her phone and nearly skittled a cyclist.

I am now considering green laning...

• Like Like x 1
  5. 6’40 is real naughty!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Bowls can be fun :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. No matter how far you get away from any residential area, you will always find a grumpy git walking his dog

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. He is too fast for the group. Which group was it?

9. Is that like dogging?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Does his dash say 140 for donington...
    Be interesting to know who he is does he race ...
    however the facts are it’s a track day and he is not observing the rules that get given out at virtually every briefing? Why is that so difficult to comprehend? It’s selfish and ignorant...

secondly why wasn’t it being policed?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I know of that guy. He does/did race.

Lap actually looked a lot faster than a 1:40

12. He raced with No Limits then Thundersport and did a few rounds in the British Championship.

13. That was the fast group Ash.

14. Where and who with?

15. 4BABFCD0-6C4A-4618-9082-994BE779914C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Way too aggressive for a track day. A guy did the same move on me at 7.55. But it was way tighter. He had to come right down the kerb and worse of all almost caught my front wheel as he flicked it into the esses. It’s a good job he didn’t. I’d have been very upset indeed....

17. He's putting a hell of alot of trust in the guys he's passing so closely :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lucky he didn't get a broken nose for his troubles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. After twice a year for three years on track with the same riders, I know who I can go out with and I know who I should not be out with. With a maximum of 45 riders on the whole trip and 7 hours track time a day for 3 or 4 days, everyone has ample time to get as many laps in as they physically can. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'd like to see him try it with @Mary Hinge he's not someone you'd mess with. ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information