1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trackday Conundrum

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Ah I remember Oulton as being slow compared to Silverstone and donni, gonna end up at Mallory lol

2. See my reply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fast enough but not 190mph. Modern bikes mean all circuits are fast!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. To be fair, Silverstone is like a runway haha, but it is also a very safe circuit and has a lot of run off!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. whoa my 851 was fast lol

6. Yeah Silvo I recall being pancake flat, Oulton was more interesting I as many did on the day grasstrack my 851.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I didn’t know it was a heart attack! That’s very sad! I agree with you Bradders! Of course people make mistakes! We all do, the hobby we’ve chosen is inherently dangerous but there is a massive difference between a mistake and a dangerous pass and I saw lots of them at snett! I appreciate that some guys do it and genuinely think it’s ok but this is where the todo needs to step up and tell them no! Go racing!! Not on a track day!

8. Silverstone is fast, but probably the safest UK circuit I've riden. Their own days have roving instructors/monitoring.
    That would be my choice ATM.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Try Mallory Park. They also do Whitham days, I'm booked on one for September.

10. Some people seem to think crashing is just part of TDs, like no money and broken dreams of how quick one is.

11. They also use the cameras properly iirc so don’t rely on punters or instructors complaining

12. The guy had a heart attack as he
    I

13. It was off track, and it was a heart attack. I was just walking past the garage when I heard a loud bang and looked round and saw him. Looked like he was just leaving the garage to start a session. It is a tragedy but could have been so much worse if it happened 2 minutes later

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I've just booked for 23rd September Mallory, I'll be sporting a KTM Duke 'mobile chicane' wobbling around the track a Norman Wisdom wannabe if you will.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  15. See you there

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The easiest and safest track is 100% Silverstone national track, granted it is small an boring for most but for a first td its the best out there, easy to learn, plenty of run off, i have taken 6 or so mates there over the last couple of years and they all loved it, will be going with my lad for his first td later this year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. My friend got T boned at Snetterton on Sunday at the hairpin in the novice group,the idiot who crashed into him out braked himself ,all caught on camera in race control and got sent home.My friend for no fault of his own now has damaged bike caused by a fuckin retard.

18. It happens unfortunately. You’re mate was unlucky.

19. This has been a interesting thread ,and the conclusion i have come to is that,being a ex racer ,i will give track days a miss and if i want some track action ,just take in a race meet or two as the standard of riding is far higher and you get far less idiots who have got far bigger egos than talent .

20. I wouldn't read too much into the opinions of this lot, they love to whinge.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information