1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Trackday Conundrum

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Tbf I’ve never ended up in hospital on a trackday. I have several times racing

lol

2. I think lockdown and lack of track days has thrown a bit of a curve ball this year, with racers trying to get track time and normal riders using up there credits has ended up as a bit of a free for all, normal service will be resumed if not this year, next , i hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I had an outstanding trip to Almeria in March just before lockdown, hoping numbers don't spike and fuck up the rest of 2020 and European trips are calmer/safer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just hope some of the organisers don’t try and increase the numbers per session to claw back lost income. Got the new dates for our postponed Almeria trip last week. Still best part of a year to wait but something to look forward to. Andy

5. They can't, track limits are set by the circuits and governed by the various organisation that accredit them and reflected in their insurance policies, no circuit or TDO will be taking that risk unless historically a TDO has operated below the maximum, and looks to inflate numbers to the limit.

6. The only reason there are more on track for 1 day vs another is the price per rider makes it viable. Some have less and charge more, some work on have more and charge less.

you pays your money and you takes your choice.

7. How does racing compare for pounds per lap, against trackday time?

8. Poorly!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I’d say ‘very poorly’ mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. except endurance racing, thats probably a bit closer other than tyres

11. Are you here? It's a bit damp :rolleyes:

12. Still there is always Mallory park to look forward to...,:)

13. Spanish track days are now half empty. 13 in my group at Aragon two weeks ago. Flights are cheap, airports empty and the weather still good. Spain does not require quarantine on arrival, unlike UK when you come back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Really? I was thinking of having a trip down to Valencia in October.
    How is quarantine policed when you come back? Can you give it the good ignoring it richly deserves??

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I am coming to the end of Aragon (NL) two week quarantine. You must fill in the UK government online API questionnaire before you fly back. Loads of people at LGW trying to do this on their phones at immigration. When I was asked if I had done it I said yes and went straight to the passport machine. A day later I got a call asking if I was quarantining. I said yes. Nothing happened since.

I will be at Valencia October 24-26th with NL, then Jerez in November.

#135 Paul55, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

16. Mate you literally have nothing to worry about. You could put that you’ve been to the moon and your names Adolf Hitler on the forms and nobody would notice

• Like Like x 1
  17. Retired or semi retired and I’d be there!

18. Neither of those.... just lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I know 2 people who returned, 1 had 2 calls and was in both times. The other wasn't in when they got a call and had a £1k fine and a criminal record

• WTF WTF x 1
  20. Ouch!.... I only gave my cell number.

A criminal record FFS!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information