1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Things To Do In Tashkent When Bored

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Bonners, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Buy this...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806287933813?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

Now flying home and spent 2 hrs getting familiar with the forum and learning a lot, thanks.

Bit of a impulse purchase...have I done ok? I mean with the bike more than the price. Anyone know it...or rather know if it’s been skittles down the road?

What’s the view on ASV or similar levers, look alright on older bikes? Might get fitted as before she gets delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good...
    Hope all goes well

3. Looks like a good deal to me. The 749S is a great Ducati. Plenty of wisdom on this forum so ask away with any questions.
    When were the belts last changed?
    Best money you can spend on this bike is getting the suspension set up to suit you, it can transform the bike from a pig to ride to a scalpel sharp weapon.

Ducati proteam not far from you I think, a well respected dealer.

http://www.ducatiproteam.co.uk/

4. Thanks for that. Onyer Aylesbury is nearest Ducati dealer but I’ve used DWR a few times too. Belts are being changed with the MOT so trouble free riding for years to come....or possibly just the 3 months warranty period

• Like Like x 1
  5. What did you reckon to Tashkent?

6. You must be close ish to me. I tried DWR bit won't go back which is a pain as by far the cloesest ducati garage to me.

7. Just a heads up, valve service/check is every 6k mls. I expect it's not been done on your new bike. When I got the 999 it had 6k and the garages I spoke to said wait to 8/9k but I'd check with someone like Baines Racing what they think.

8. Won’t use DWR long story but but rather si next to a broken bike that take to him

9. Ahh sound advice, i’ll make sure that is also done when they prep for delivery. Any other nuggets of info? Thanks.

Re DWR a mate of mine will only allow one technician to work on his bike so I’m aware some people have had some problems.

10. Ahh sound advice, i’ll make sure that is also done when they prep for delivery. Any other nuggets of info? Thanks.

Re DWR a mate of mine will only allow one technician to work on his bike so I’m aware some people have had some problems.

• Like Like x 1
  11. New question, seen some references to a facelift, around 2006 perhaps? What exactly was done, anything significant, Particularly around the mechanicals and performance/reliability?

12. Sorry I missed this.

It’s nice, been 4-5 times in last year including 10 days ago. Weathers great this time of year, clean, professional city. Holiday spots are a few hours away by train, Sammerkan and Bukhara, supposed to be beautiful. Hospitality from the people is immense....and the vodka is plentiful.

13. So my bike arrived today. Rolled down the trailer ramp all sparkly and red and then....refused to start. And refused and refused until the battery said uh-uh.

Put it on charge and tried again a few times over the course of the afternoon and still nothing. So the dealer’s driver swung past again and whisked her away.

The wait continues.....

14. Disappointing matey but it will all come good!

15. Yes I hope so.

Separate query, on the tail piece, just off the right arse cheek there’s a paint chip, see pic, whilst my expectation is for the dealer to fix, any suggestions or ideas on the matter if they don’t? It’s a two piece section back here, remove and have painted properly perhaps?

Is expecting near-perfect on a ~15yr bike just stoopid?

DF1CDEA2-7055-42AA-9E1C-D7C4E1B4F34D.jpeg

16. I never closed this out but I never got the 749S. She went back to the dealer and after a weekend of pondering I decided a temperamental Italian race bike mistress is not what I need.

So I bought an MV Agusta F4RR instead ;-)

She’s definitely quick that’s for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  17. That’ll have fixed all the reliability issues then... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information