1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking About Buying....

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lockesboy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Hi, yes I did look on eBay, I did see this one, its not as clean as the one I'm interested in , plus its 3 years older, I think I will haggle with the shop and see what I can get it for, its cash no trade in...I'll let you all know how I get on ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. As long as you can get the bike home without failure (or covered by warranty) then it is a reasonably easy job and you can get the belts here. I've got them on my ST2 from @Exige but I bought when I was new to the forum and didn't clock the forum discount thing.

BUT this is a new bike to you and you may want to be out riding it rather than working on it. If you've been looking then you'll be up with prices and I'm not, but I would want a good price or walk (so get more discount). Before you buy, then you are in the driving seat but afterwards you are just a pia punter. Use your power...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, I will haggle, I'm good at that.....I've had bikes since I was 16, this Ducati is super clean, it's got my attention but I'm aware that even though the belts were changed 3 years ago and the bike hasn't been used, for my peace of mind I really need to change them, if I buy it then I will go through it thoroughly and replace anything that needs doing, it's a toy at the end of the day, so it will get played with occasionally, First Ducati for me, I'll probably keep it for a year or two and keep my eye open for another more modern Ducati, something a bit more powerful

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I did yes, a picture paints 1000 words and all that so I ignored the text. But, belts done etc , I`d make a very low offer and see what happens. The one @ £3k seems overpriced to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I think for me it's all about condition , the one I'm interested in is truly immaculate in every way, it almost looks new, in fact if you took the plate off it and said it was new old stock registered last year you would believe it...I think it's as good as it gets,if I can get it under the 3 grand price that's a bonus but if the shop wont budge then I will walk away and look for a much newer or new model. I bet if I walked into a Ducati dealer today I would get their attention because I'm a cash buyer and nothing to trade in ...I'm just scared to go in because I know what I'm like...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Considering back in 2008 I bought a 600ss for £1100 I think it’s an expensive buy
    I think your going to be paying for the fact it’s been inside for 3 years
    These bikes like to be ridden they are not stand still bikes
    I would be asking for belt change as they have been stood in the same position for 3 years

For 3k you want the works service pads belts

They do make your wrists/shoulders and neck ache after a bit so using your thighs to hang on will be useful.
    You are almost lying down on them
    I have tried the SSie a long time ago. But prefer the SS

Anyway don’t forget your bin pictures we like them and it keeps me happy

Welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Having had a look on line at prices I’m surprised these bikes are commanding some prices
    If only I still had mine :scream:

FFD23CE0-B822-4CB9-961A-5947685B2448.png

8. Did yours have the green frame :thinkingface::D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gold for a golden girl :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hi, I did think that the belts stuck in the same position for 3 years wouldn't of done them any good, I likened it to car tyres that had sat in a garage for 3 years...you get flat spots ...

I think my new question is...what should I pay ?
    Belts not done...I can say this because the shop isn't going to change them ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Right 2,450 offer them

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Makes you wonder why they won’t do the belts :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I know where that dealer is. Can’t say I’m surprised they’re reluctant to change the belts. As others have commented it’s expensive for what it is and these aren’t everyone’s cuppa. If you were dead set on that model then go for the 900. Or offer what Ducbird suggests.

14. £2450..I might get a kick in the nuts lol...and told to Foxtrot Oscar...hahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. If you don't ask.... I don't suppose he has a queue of potential buyers lined around the block

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Might be the best thing if he did. Much as I am a fan of that shape, particularly in yellow, they are not one of the more popular models. Even £2450 is more than I would pay especially as it needs belts.

Look at this for example https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-9...464673?hash=item4b7d57f961:g:3HkAAOSwCfRfCJ74
    I appreciate it is older and about a million miles from you but its the 900 version which is a much better proposition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. It’s about all he will get in the present climate, a sale is a sale and a high one at that

• Like Like x 1
  18. What you save will pay for a service belts etc
    £3k if it’s all done even then I would be loathed to pay it

• Like Like x 1
  19. The belts are a service item. You shouldn't need to have a conversation with the dealer about this. That should be done in the price. I'd walk an buy something nicer anyway.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information