1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking About Buying....

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lockesboy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. I've got Michelin pilot road 4 on my 900ss ie, and they are really good, they warm up quick and are really grippy in the wet(Got caught in a downpour on our way down to Italy):upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Wayne, I'll look into that, ...I dont think I could get to Italy on this...not without a chiropractor anyway...:joy:

Cheers

Ian

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I wasn't too bad down to Italy but my son on the back was in pain:laughing: and he said he would do it again but on his own bike:joy:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. How long did that take you, from where to what part of Italy, I've always fancied doing something like that ...I'm jealous...haha..

5. Oh they are not the most comfortable as pillion unless you don’t mind being lay on
    I spent many hours hanging on watching the tarmac :laughing: those were the days

• Like Like x 2
  6. It took three day from Le Havre to a Place called Bellaria in Italy, it's on the east coast just up the road from Rimini(we have friends there we stay with). We rode down for the Misano Motogp which is 24 miles down from Bellaria(we train down on race day the traffic is fucking mental)and took us three days back to Saint-Marlo for ferry back to UK, it was Epic, if you ever get a chance to do it just do it, i would love to do it again some time!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. I've kinda got the bug now for new or nearly new or very low miles used ,...I've been looking , nearest dealers to me are probably Glasgow and Carlisle , don't know if there is one in Edinburgh...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Belts done today, no problems at all, the previous owner had them changed some years ago, there were some odd red paint tining Mark's in completely the wrong place, although the timing wasn't much out, probably about 5mm previously, I can say since I used the proper timing Mark's the bike runs so much better, it idle,s better as well, enclosed a few pics, the white timing Mark's are mine and the red blobs are somone else..

20200731_111831.jpg

20200731_111836.jpg

20200731_112433.jpg

20200731_112449.jpg

20200731_112458.jpg

20200731_112608.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Top job, and i find it quite rewarding!!:upyeah:

10. Hi Wayne, yeah it was ok, no problems, actually if anyone wants to do this job I could probably talk them through it if they get stuck, I dont mind doing that if it helps somone out...obviously the 2 biggest things are, get the timing absolutely spot on and belt tension correct and if you want to do it as good as a Ducati tech torque the tensioners to 27NM. Bike runs good far better now, do t really understand the red blobs, it worked, but it wasn't correct, ...today I also replaced a rubber rear brake hose for a braided stainless one on a BMW K1200, bled the rear brake,...all ok...the old rubber one bulged when you put your foot on the rear brake pedal, never seen that before...hehe..reckon I might of caught it in the nick of time...

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know this is a bit late but check your tensioner bearings, there is the tensioner bearings and a fixed bearing the tensioner is on the right of the last picture above and the fixed is on the left, nothing to panic about yet but my 900ss ie has done over 50,000 miles and i replaced all mine ages ago but worth checking in the long run.:upyeah:

12. Hi mate, yeah they were ok, smooth rotation, no play...its got 18k on the clock...oil and filter tomorrow and that's it apart from tyres and maybe a set of rear pads, it should be a pretty well sorted bike, thing is I probably wont use it much, it's been like a project for me.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information