1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Thinking Ahead, Hub Removal.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Feb 15, 2020.

1. MTJ, sometimes you have to give the hub quite a whack with a mallet, also make sure you have something in the pinch bolt gap, I used a small lever as I gave the hub a whack!

2. You have removed the external circlip? Sure you would have, but thought I'd ask!

3. the 1st time I did mine, it was stuck in the spacer sleeve on the sprocket side, it took over an hour of beating the shit out of it with a soft faced mallet to remove it, I cleaned the spacer and greased it on reassembly, when I re visited it 1 year later it slid straight out,

4. I’ve just put mine back into the swing arm, I initially took it out whilst repacking my rear disc, but got carried away with cleaning things whilst I’m as in there.
    I broke the ball race bearing on the disc side, so I replaced both bearings, stripped them down, washed them in paraffin in my ultrasonic cleaner, then packed them full with Putoline racing bearing grease, i grease everything, with the correct grease.
    For spacing the pinch faces apart to help with getting the hub in and out, place a 4mm Allen key in the gap, it’s the perfect size, and it sits on the flats so it doesn’t damage the faces.

Another job worth doing before you need to, is the lower swing arm bolt, mine is a 2017 with a pitiful 7,000 miles, and it gave me enough of a fight, there was not a spot of grease in sight on the bolt head.

B71C8794-F353-4342-8774-0CEB85318614.jpeg

99564014-1266-49F4-B0EB-BD8B220A19F9.jpeg

5CCAF5F7-376D-46E6-83E7-B1CA46A02099.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information