1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Thinking Of Breaking A 748s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cmd, Aug 2, 2018.

1. A couple of years ago I bought a lovely Yellow Ducati 748S but realised I'm getting a little old to ride it now! I could just sell it but I am wondering about breaking for parts as there seems to be a lot of nice bits on the 'S' including 5 spoke Marchesini wheels, uprated suspension etc. Just not sure whether this would be the best way to go - don't need to release the money quickly so it's not an issue sitting on some bits but would be nice if the bigger lumps went quickly to free up room for something else. I assume the wheels, exhaust, frame, engine, suspension and brakes would be the best sellers but not really sure what to charge. Would there be any interest in any of these bits?

2. For me i would advertise it on the forum with a picture and price and go forward that way:thinkingface:

3. i broke my track bike a few years ago, was a pain in the ass, yes you make more money but ive still got bits left over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thing is, a 748 is no longer comparable to a modern sports bike. I think people with a base will be less bothered about performance upgrades now as they don't ride them to be fast. Cosmetic maybe, but then again many are looking for originality now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good points I must agree. Would seem a shame to break just fed up with people messing me about when I have sold bikes in the past! I do love the Duke though and if I had the space I would just keep it and buy something like a Triumph Bonneville (modern) for longer rides out!

6. How much would you be looking for as a complete bike?

7. Hi are you looking to buy ? I'm thinking of selling mine if your interested message me. I'm not looking for big money but would like it to go to a forum member who would appreciate it.

8. Hi guys, have PM'd both of you but not sure if they're being received.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd be interested in all the yellow bits if the price was right.

10. ill take the 5 spoke marchesinis

Do Not Sell My Personal Information