1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Thinking Of Cancelling My V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JoePeps, Feb 1, 2019.

1. I’ve got a absolutely awesome 959 Anniversario with AR can for sale :)

CB42A602-D333-41D1-8485-C1AC4A719713.jpeg 737CD46B-2819-46CE-A12C-9D5971239CEA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. All the time these bikes are back at the dealer's is eating in the warranty period it's unacceptable

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tell me about it..based on forum discussions from roughly a year and half ago I was really hopping a relatively low mileage 1299S could be fetched for 12k by now. Bloddy things still only 5k below the new price... :)
    If you really like V4s, buy a 1/2 year old GSXR and sale it next January for a end of 19 V4s...

4. Nice bit of kit that and a decent price, might be worth a look.
    How many owners has it had? Services?

I've got an S1000RR at the minute so easiest option is just keep that a bit longer.

Is a possibility I guess but I know nothing about them at all!

Lovely bike mate but need it or not I want a shed load of power, coming from an S1000RR the 959 will be lacking for me.

5. 23 V4 s for sale on auto trader...

6. Is that a good or bad thing?!

7. i dunno....you are the one with the deposit on one...
    from one perspective it appears they weren't kept very long...why?

secondly there are several out there to choose from spec price dealer history warranty work history..

8. Buy a 999 and have about £18k in change to buy a fancypants new S1000RR with? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don't get your point at all mate?

I think I'm going to call them in the morning and see if he can persuade me round, but my gut feeling is that it's a bad way to start a new purchase, especially so much money on one.

10. I haven't gone blind yet mate so won't be buying a 999 :)

Had a deposit on a new RR but taking too long to get them here I cancelled and bought the V4S!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. There’s a lot of info available on-line plus quite a few of us on here have them. They can be quite scarce though so be prepared for a wait if you decide on one. 200+ hp, 100+ ft/lbs easiy available. A bit of a handful but not as much as some like to have you believe, I’m gonna be tracking mine mainly this year, to stop me abusing my 999R so will have a better informed opinion on the handling later on I hope.
    Starting prices from around 18k in your money, plenty of aftermarket goodies to further empty your pockets!

• Like Like x 1
  12. if its my point you did get
    1 why have so many v4s become available so soon after they were new? Are others as pissed as you about the re calls? Do they not like the bike?
    or
    2 there are lots available to do and choose another v4s at a better deal potentially?

13. There's better V4 on the market at present

14. Yes,the RC213v :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oh I see what you mean now. Good point I guess, but equally there's more 1199 / 1299 for sale. Had to get any kind of proper opinion unless you know all the sales figures to compare surely?

The deal I got was very good to be honest, all of them for sale are very similar so not going to get a 'bargain' to be honest.

16. I’m the second owner mate, bought it with 1200 miles on it. It’s got full Ducati service history

17. Walk away, this should be a pleasurable experience, not a worry. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. One at Craig’s Honda in shiply 190k , you get a lovely box on wheels full of goodies with it

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information