1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is me

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mattmccabebrown, Jan 3, 2013.

1. moments_2b82b4ed-a2ba-4b79-8c28-c41e5503a800_hi_res.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. My dad and his mate, the other lads dad, were sponsored by Ossa in the late 70's early 80's. One of the top trials sidecar teams of there day. Certainly in the south.

• Like Like x 3
  3. This is me 2+ stone lighter last year (not as light as previous years) with my boy, his first time at a track.
    I don't have any great stories or pictures from my childhood, I hope my son will..

One funny one I remember. While on a UK holiday when I was a little boy, we went on a very small commercial go kart track.. I passed my dad on the last lap. The marshalls pulled a metal gate across the track (to make people pit). My dad came past me on the last corner (effectively after the flag) so I was slowing down for the pits. He was looking back at me over his shoulder thinking he was being clever as he went onto the straight.. I was thinking, you *$*k head, as he crashed into the gate on an empty track!

I hope to be a better role model.

Kory AND DAD at Rockingham. (2).JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1

4. Your the Stig!!! :Jawdrop:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. That a commando ?

I've got one of them :grin:

7. Norton commando interstate. Got sold to an American who took it back to USA.

8. Looks an electric start one ?

9. Great pics. You've reminded me about the book I wanted to put together, about what first got you into bikes. Looks like you're the same as me.....birth.

Any good stories from way back when?

10. Not really, fuzzy memories. Dad was panel beater/sprayer from 15 to 84 next week...... Obviously retired but still fixes neighbour/family cars with rattle can from Halfords. His dad (middle bloke, 3rd pic down) had bikes when my dad was growing up so I'm at least 3rd generation. Dad used to buy crashed bikes and make them better and sell when needed central heating etc. Had about 13 bikes max at one point but was always buying and selling.

Middle bike in 3rd pic down was a crashed police Triumph circa1972. Dad fixed it up with a Rickman fairing kit. He gave it to me and I stupidly sold it in 1990 for £2k to buy a mk1 XR2 as a silly 17yr old. That's the bike I regret most selling as I built it with my dad aged 4, although I can't imagine I was a lot of help. Apparently it's British Racing green now. I'd love to get it back......

The Norton C was 1973 so kick-start. Took some kicking too I'm told.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is me, and yes.....I dress like this daily!

IMG_0694.JPG

12. Ooooo very dapper

13. Circa 1993
    Never did replace that indicator lens..

IMG_20160926_0002.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. On a Ducati, well before they were made fashionable** by the 916. Good man. :upyeah:
    **Although, looking at your wardrobe, fashion wasn't your passion. :)

15. Blimey you have changed from your avatar your not what I expected :D

16. What you can't see because most of its buried in the scarf is I had quite longish hair in those days and there was more than a hint of the mullet about it. My avatar is a more fashionable up to date look.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I walked past a Guzzi Le mans to buy that. Should have bought the Guzzi. If I still had it it would be worth more than the Paso now and the servicing costs wouldn't have bankrupted me.

18. Why is it with some males, that hair decides to stop growing where it used to and start growing out of your nose and ears instead :Arghh:

19. Do you still have the Paso?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information