1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Sophistication: Towards The Grand Finale Of The New Ducati Storytelling

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Ducati have released a new promo video, 'This is Sophistication' drawing the new Ducati tale to a close.

In the run-up to the grand finale on November 16 during the 2016 Ducati World Première, here is the new chapter of “This is Sophistication” which continues to tell the story of the new Ducati surrounded by just a veil of secrecy.

2. This is sophistry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This how Plato describes sophistry:
    "the art of contradiction making, descended from an insincere kind of conceited mimicry of the semblance-making breed, derived from image making, distinguished as portion (not divine but human) of production that presents a shadow play of words".
    Nails these promos, doesn't he?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. "a subtle, tricky, superficially plausible but generally fallatious method of reasoning" or my favourite "plausible but ultimately misleading arguement" Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reminds me of the pile of shit with a BMW badge stuck on it ...

... and I haven't even watched it

6. ... Utter bollocks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. wtf are Ducati doing?

Ive never seen such bollox in all my life, what are they trying to even be? Who's the target audience?

Its like some weird lifestyle brand mixed with a cosmetic advert.

Im sorry but i think Ducati are getting a little fluffy to say the least, if they only tried making bikes as good as they suggest they are then i might be remotely impressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's in the same class of the old aphorism that if you declare yourself to be cool, you are, by definition, not. The same with sophistication…

9. scathing stuff darling! lol... but you aint wrong its fucken embarasing... i love dukes but i dont want a bar of this tripe.

10. Californians?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Nah. Lived there, no greater a proportion of dribbling fools than most places, albeit with a huge concentration in certain areas. My bet is urban Milanese hipsters. Both of them.

12. Embarrassing

13. 345 views!

Is it a bird, is it a plane..

14. It's time there was a Ducati Marketing Thread instead of hi jacking the Forum Front Page which was initially designed (I think) for liked Forum content relevant to the Members of the Forum. Then if it gets 7 likes it will be up there anyway :D oh, none :oops:
    They are copying the marketing of the Kawasaki H2R, poorly - it's been done already - better, stop it, not cool :Meh:

15. Couldn't agree more.

I think what's worse is that imo Ducati have been falling behind with their more recent bikes and seem to be getting wrapped up in their own hype and self importance.

Pitched at the high end of quality and performance in the most part, they've missed the mark on more occasions than not over the last few years.

I hope to be proved wrong

16. I think you'll find that they are doing what others like Kawasaki and Triumph have done/are doing. Watch the others follow suit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ..........it's a 'teaser' in marketing bollox, but we all know its the new Diavel belt drive thing.

19. Yep, that trellis swingers is a giveaway... Diavel.

20. Well blow me down with a feather, those BTCC drivers are full of wisdom, aint they !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information