1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This New Triumph Speed Triple?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Nothing wrong with easy to ride, but I’d want a super naked to be a bit scary mental rather than just a more powerful middleweight

2. I still think it’s a miss not having the electronic suspension. I rate the triumph Ohlins highly, it’s so adjustable and plush, but I think having the ability to flick the bike into sport and it suddenly all the suspension is firmed up and it would just turn the whole bike into that edgy sportsbike in terms of setup. Yes you can do it manually but I can see the benefit of the electronics.

a base SF would probably be £40 a month more on a pcp at a guess? I think I’d find it hard to go with the triumph unless the street fighter didn’t float my boat

3. Great bikes but bland and when I first rode the Speed Triple, I was seriously disappointed in the power delivery in comparison to the Tuono/MT10.

My personal approach for new bikes are, mentally scary power delivery, awesome brakes and a nice sound.

So whilst it has 2 out of the 3, it’s bloody boring for long term ownership, with that power surge, or lack of.....

You give me another Tuono/SF V4 and you know it has everything. Cruising or going wild on track....

Yet considering the majority age group on this here forum, fall into the “erectile dysfunction” clan, then maybe a limp Speed Triple might be the answer ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I’m confused, you are commenting on the previous model, and I can assume you don’t know what the new one is like having never ridden it. So it has 30hp more, and significantly less weight, and while I’m sure it will be a little ‘smooth around the edges’ certainly compared to something like a super duke, I’m not sure how you can speak about a bike you’ve never even ridden and write it off.

5. I like the triumph ethos

6. Of course, I will ride it and I might be wrong. Most bikes and their power deliveries follow a path, like Honda Fireblades, super smooth until the latest model has come out and is a very aggressive bike in comparison to previous models.

So this triumph model, if it follows the same path as before, the power delivery will be really bland in comparison to other naked 1100cc bikes.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information