1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Weekend's Trip To Welsh West Coast, Who Fancies It?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by fight the streets fmd, May 2, 2018.

1. If you don't mind. Makes sense as I'm in Ledbury. Have met Bradders before.

2. Cool, no problem mate :)
    Be good to get together and bimble along to the Cafe....i will be hungry before 10 :D

3. Yes, roughly that's it, only from devils bridge, we will try to find the mountain road instead to elan valley as that is absolutely stunning, and in the last bit before hay I planned a slight diversion over a mountain road which is only known by locals, and will blow you away with a 360 view which is just out of this world, all of the black mountains and all of the brecon beacons in one shot!

4. Gutted, wish I could Wayne but I'm in Spain mate with her indoors having a miserable time ;) (hope she don't read this or I'm toast) :)
    There's a scooter rally on in Tenby if anybodies interested.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. LOL you'll have to remind me when...crossgate café was it?

6. I was out that way yesterday in the car, down to Monmouth, abergevenney, Llandovery, aberyswyth, devils bridge and the B road that runs up to rhyader before heading most direct rout back to glos Saw one cop bike with a camera, in a 30MPH area, couple of cars dotted around driving, and lots and lots of bikes.

We left at 1030, got home at 2200. And I'm hoping my sunburned head and ear (just the one!) will let me put my helmet on tomorrow :mad::joy:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Have a great time mate, sure you're having a ball. Enjoy :upyeah::sun:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soz mate, as it's over 130 miles for me to get to the first meeting point and my boy is home for the long weekend, we are gonna go karting instead. Have a great ride out though and catch ya next time maybe. :motorcycleduc::sun:

• Like Like x 1
  9. OK, thanks. Looking forward to it, see you all tomorrow. I know most of the roads, the new ones will be interesting to see/ride.

Yes Bradders, Crossgates, that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Mrs and I have been wondering what to do tomorrow so I'll add this to our options list and let you know if we fancy an early start to meet you all in Hay on Wye.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Would be great! Lovely route planned!

• Like Like x 1
  12. See you in the morning

13. looking forward to it! all polished after todays fly attack, they are early this year!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just a couple on the front of little mini :)

15. Hmmm fly’s like red lol

16. Sadly it's a no from us ... two hours to get to the meet and we don't fancy another early start tomorrow after today and yesterday, especially as it is a dull dull dull dull dull ride to Hay on Wye and we need to be back home by 4pm. P'raps next time. Enjoy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Thanks to FTS for a great day out, sorry I didn't see too much of you. Sat nav directions were a CoS away from the Honey but at least we caught you up at Aberaeron. We waited at Devils Bridge for a while, then had a cuppa and you still didn't arrive. Hope you and the couple on the GS didn't get lost? Anyway, there was an accident on the road to Elan Valley from there so that was closed. Hope the biker who came off was OK, never a good sign when they close a road though. We headed back via the A44 to Rhayader intending to go to the Elan Valley visitor centre in the hope of meeting you there but time was getting on for Andy and Bradders so we headed East instead going our separate ways at Kington.

Hope you had a good rest of your day. Weather and roads were great, A44 a bit traffic heavy but that made it a bit more interesting :D

In retrospect it would have been a good idea if we'd swapped phone numbers... :poop:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Myself and a group of lads travelled over to Wales for the weekend from Ireland.
    Really enjoyed ourselves . Fantastic roads and well surfaced. Huge amount of bikes out.
    Basically bikes, food and beer with mates for the weekend:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yep great to meet a couple of new people, and have a nicely paced ride with bend after bend after bend :upyeah:

Great to see Viv looking pretty healthy too :upyeah: Keep it that way :)

240 miles and just over 5 1/2 hrs in the saddle. And hardly any issues anywhere with traffic or drivers :D

@Bumpkin @andy huggett have to do it again soon :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes of course. Hopefully Elan Valley open next time, lots of great roads.

And also good to finally meet Viv, and her daughter, practically a neighbour so about time :grinning: Why is your mini blue!?

Some pictures:

About to depart from the Honey cafe
    [​IMG]

Llandovery, and still no sign of the others
    [​IMG]

Just Bradders and myself
    [​IMG]

They they all are!
    [​IMG]

A rather chilly Aberaeron
    [​IMG]

Devil's Bridge