1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Years Project -- 2000 996 Road / Track Bike

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Tim K, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Having been an avid admirer of the Ducati 916 since its release, today I find myself the proud owner of two of these iconic bikes in original condition, namely a 916 Strada and 916 SP1, both released new on 20th June 94.
    2018 was somewhat of a difficult year for our family and it was looking inevitable at one time that the bikes would be sold. Life moves on and over the Christmas period the decision was to either sell up or do something drastic and move forward so here we are.... The New 996 project.

Starting with a twisted frame and a logbook things are moving forward at pace..

A brand new frame has been purchased and the kitchen has become an assembly line.

Here are a few pictures and Ill add more as the project progresses.

IMG_7452[1].JPG

IMG_7453[1].JPG

IMG_7455[1].JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. ...so you didn't have to sell, things turned around, and you are building a third :thinkingface: cool :cool::upyeah:

3. well done keep building!

that one way valve on the tank breather what is it and where did you get it from please?

4. I do like kitchen art with a coffee:upyeah:have fun with the build.

5. Hi Stu.
    Yes it was a difficult time for all our family but you need something to look forward to in life otherwise you just fade away.
    SO!!!!!!!
    Decided to create a "BAD ASS" (as the Yanks say) Duke.

6. Correct front end now fitted, awaiting the Long Mag rear Arm to arrive then she'll be rolling :)
    IMG_7460[1].JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  7. Not sure Andy, just had a look and there are no markings on it that might help identify the manufacturer. it came with the tank which is an early MS Production item.

IMG_7462[1].JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. no worries

9. IMG_7465.JPG

Engine is a bit of a dog though !!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. interesting front end...
    :upyeah:

11. IMG_7335.PNG

Like this??

12. So the man cave didn't get started :( hence the kitchen I guess :blush:

13. what are you building ie what motor?

14. When my son had his accident and we knew he was going to be at least brain damaged I switched to getting the annex started so that he would ultimately have somewhere of his own but things didnt quite go to plan. The annex is almost finished now and I had a meeting with the builders this morning and scheduled work on the barn to man cave project.
    Its only in the kitchen because the "War Office" is away for a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Standard 900ss/sl item

16. Fitted to the early carb' SS's. Still available, but as said above, pricey wherever them come from.

17. Engine should be finished by the end of next week.
    Its a 996RS Ex GSE Racing cases and barrels with new race heads running 471 cams and 39 33 valves. Engine is marked NH1

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sorry to hear of your news Tim...

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Thanks Stu

Do Not Sell My Personal Information