1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Years Project -- 2000 996 Road / Track Bike

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Tim K, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Cool thread...:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hope u don’t mind my asking, but how, HOW, are u keeping a 6m I section steel ‘secret’?

3. It’s a new Exige product: invisible to the naked eye steel. He loves a prototype :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. We have a new £2 million machine installation with hundred's of pieces - it's hidden amongst them, well, it was there when I acquired it actually :eyes:

5. It's painted yellow :)

6. I have a similar set of forks. The earlier fg8750 with radial bottoms.

Is that a big hub front wheel too?

7. There really isn’t much better on a bike that a rocking set of forks and a billet swingarm

8. billet....nah, swing arms are generally made from several component parts to get strength in one place and flex in the other.

9. Moto 2 ones I’ve seen have been 1 piece. Sure a fella I met with a vds ex Marquez bike in Spain did. Certainly no signs of weld in usual spots

10. I’d add a carbon swingarm to the loveliness list too :upyeah:

11. give it up.....:upyeah:;)

12. Looked nice whatever it was

13. Your left hand is on the right side of your head :):upyeah:

14. Cos he's ambidextrous...

15. 053DF7BC-61B6-4DA2-A65B-3B61C1A2E342.jpeg View attachment 142655 This is what’s going on the bike.
    It’s a one piece magnesium arm 20mm longer than standard with a magnesium eccentric hub and a billet machined top link.

• Like Like x 8
  16. cast magnesium...in the wrong colour gold...:astonished:;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. A very difficult colour or process to replicate..

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 14.42.05.png

18. 1 piece. Nice.

19. cast not billet!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information