1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Those Brass Mirror Bolts!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Wasted Time Lord, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Looking at those reviews it looks like the place I've been hoping to find. I built my Bonnie, Honda 550F, re-built the Jota and a handful of older twins and singles - and a CB900F2, which I don't recall if it was slightly newer than the Lav, but one or the other c. 1980 is the most modern bike engine I've had down. Nothing desmo of course. 4 valve heads, sure, but a mate's had those on a succession of '30s Rudges; still a DOHC Japanese four felt up-to-the-minute!

And a '93 Beemer the most recent I'd even ridden (with new-fangled ABS, that was as prone to failure as the needles on Bing carbs on the Boxer that preceded it - in fact I think the last time I was Notts way was when I got very cold and wet on the shoulder of the M1 after the needle on one pot of an R80 snapped while heading for Grantham - of which I had a spare because I'd been forewarned about the problem!).

So much for experience, I feel almost totally lost with the 999.

(Also I heard Ducati mumble charge stupid prices, and don't especially know what they're doing! So reading those reviews is mitigating the underlying sense of panic I've felt at finding myself a newbie again - since I bought the bike; not just on this forum!)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information