1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts On Private Reg Plates On Bikes?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by steve c, Jun 20, 2018.

?

should i fit a private reg?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2018.
  1. Yes .i am also egotistical and would fit one on my bike.

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No .you look like a knob to me.

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  1. Personalised plates say to the world “I am a narcissistic arsehole with more money than sense”.

Apart from that, they’re fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Why would all the private plates in the world say that about you specifically :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Because 789!

4. Or exclamation marks :worried:

5. Meh, I'm going to bed! (Can't have that either I suppose?)

6. Nope - exclamation marks and brackets and still a lil long bud :):upyeah:

7. It’s my personal opinion, based on people I know who have them. The majority, although not all, fall in to that category.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Private plates
    Tart, private plates look a bit crap imo. What's wrong with a 7x5 with 7 letters on it??

9. It's illegal :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Thats a sick bird of prey (sorry bit pissed)

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. The only one I've seen for years I liked was at the TT this year. There was a young lad queued for the ferry at Liverpool on a Kawasaki EN or whatever they're called... OO11 SHT

Made me chuckle. :)

By contrast an ex-colleague (Nigel) had B19NIG on his Harley and he was an utter tool.

I've toyed with them over the years but never puller the trigger as they're a bit... I still sometimes pass ten happy minutes on Plates4Less and almost bought EL54CAT (I had a cat called Elsa), almost bought H3UER (I have an old Monaco)... and so on. I would rather spend the money on the bike TBH.

Do like a nice small plate though...

12. As long as it’s not a Polite vest, or flouro stickers to make your bike look like plod, or a Mohican hair piece on your helmet, add to it what you like. Whether it looks tat to me or anyone else else is immaterial :upyeah:

#32 bradders, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wise words the Brad :thinkingface:

14. Definitely stick away from those Polite best's though eh @bradders.......:D

15. I’ve always vowed that if anyone turned up to a ride I was organising they would be excluded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. is TEN98R something to do with lady leakage ?

17. TEN3R - Mmmm, wonder if it's available :thinkingface:

18. Sold .. Apart from i am a Yorkshireman .So i am "careful," with money

19. £400 buys a lot more fun things than a plate. New jacket, new helmet, weekend away... I'd struggle to justify it but to each their own.

£12 to these guys & you can have a more nicely proportioned version of yours. I put a 7x5 on the back of my Hyper and it doesn't look as naughty as I thought it would. Chose the option to have the letters legally sized and spaced and it looks kinda, almost, mabye legit. If I squint my eyes...

https://proplates.co.uk/custom-number-plates/builder/

F85BEB4A-4F96-4A43-99BE-34D56D75CBFB.jpeg

#40 Joooooooosh, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information