1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Thoughts?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Leesey, Mar 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. yeh have found something else however the insurance now seem to be dragging their feet even more so haven't got my money yet and will probably miss out :(

I know its not a 916 (its a 996) but what are peoples opinions the seller has said he will put some pillion pegs on as I will need them and the only other thing I dislike is the screen but this can be changed.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...sing-location=at_bikes&postcode=s630tt&page=1

2. Very possible this is created by how the AutoTrader handles potential GDPR issues and tries to prevent all the weirdos from making your life hell over the phone. Andy

3. I've come across people before in conversation and they've said the bike sold but the phone kept on ringing afterwards,so maybe this is a protection system as you say.

4. First up, don’t let anyone tell you a yellow 996 is collectible. I had one and it isn’t. IMO, the asking price is too high, between £2000 and £3000 too high in the current market. The dark screen is easily remedied but as to pillion pegs, I believe you will be asked to refit them for an MoT because it has a bi-posta seat. Andy

5. That’s 998 money, and 998’s should be Yellow, 996’s red :)

6. Is the number on Car and Classic not his proper number then :thinkingface:

7. I was ringing 01252-207937.!

8. Im a bit confused in regards to prices of bikes and what is realistic. as the two 'nice looking' 996's I have seen have been at this price or more. so should 916's be cheaper than 996's then and 998's more expensive?

when phoned him about the yellow 996 he said that there was no movement on price as it was an appreciating classic.

9. IMO, a good 916, especially a genuine monoposta, will fetch better money than any early 996 biposta, especially a yellow one. A 916sp/sps will always fetch better money than any 996 except a 996R. The holy grail would be the 955cc US 916. 998FE and 998R fetch good money but a bog standard biposta would be £8K ish. Not being a Ducati dealer, the yellow 996 seller knows shit IMO of course :D Andy

#69 Android853sp, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 996 is the lowest value generally speaking...

11. He will have paid about £5k for it :bucktooth: should sell for £6k ish £6.5k max

12. And? Is that the C&C number? Is that security protected like Autotrader?

13. Autotrader,are the two adverts connected or just a conspiracy brewing.:thinkingface:

14. Thought the first was on C&C :bucktooth:
    My bad :yum

15. What is your budget?

There are a few on here who are constantly scanning ebay and other means of selling.

Maybe they can highlight bikes that fit your bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scrambled eggs on toast my dear boy.o_O

17. Just finished my 2nd Phal in 2 days :blush:

18. Budget (when the insurance get their bottoms in gear) will be around £9k (which I know is low compared to some on her but don't want finance or anything on another bike). once we have moved house that is when the bigger spending will start :D and the collection will start to grow.

Jon

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information