1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Thoughts?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Leesey, Mar 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. It was at £8,995 but timed out.

2. Timed out or withdrawn? About right as an asking price for that mileage if it all checks out. Target £8k and you won’t go far wrong for a 988...

3. Under £10k.:upyeah:

4. Business must be good.:mask::mask::mask::mask::mask::upyeah:

5. I was watching it & the time ran out so may well be listed again? Nice bike, would like to buy it but need to sell mine first.

6. Kills all known germs ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Pha! It was Red o_O

8. Two Phals in two days? you must have an arse like a brake light.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. B5DCFD96-F9DE-466B-9CFF-D6E2A80FF70D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Put this thread on watch if not already done so
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/ebay-bikes.23629/page-589#post-1570565

11. You sir have a weak constitution :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. so in the ‘potential colour affecting the value’ does the colour of 916’s matter as much so is a 916 in yellow worth less than a red one.
    Yellow
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...d=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

Red
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...d=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New

13. By the time you decide I will have a fully sorted one up for sale ;)

Seriously, colour is an individual choice. It’s more about the condition, pedigree and originality of the bike than colour. Having said that, I would have a hard discussion with myself if it were yellow. See what I mean. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I’d buy one today but the insurance are dragging their feet

• Like Like x 1
  15. Go to Fastline in Preston. He’s got a 96 916 for sale, grey import but his bikes are in great nick

16. IMO, both bikes are well over priced and despite what In Moto say, yellow is not, in the true sense, a rare colour, it’s a colour few people wanted. I believe the 748sp and 748sps only came as a monoposta in yellow and they along with the later 748R which was also available in yellow, carry off the colour because it is leavened with a little white and in some cases, a carbon air box. I would buy the yellow 916 in your link (if it could be had for a lot less) but put a 748sp/sps style monoposta seat on it, add a white number board to the front fairing and carbon wrap the airbox panel. The red one has a few, what owners love to call, ‘up grades’ although the aftermarket clutch slave cylinder is a must on a bike of that age. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The 748 should ONLY be in yellow:D

IMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. .."Upgrades",that's what the salesman calls wallet extraction time.;)

19. Agree

So long as it’s a cooking version.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  20. Yellow for 748's, Red for all the big ones in my opinion, which is an opinion most seem to share. Personally I don't think the Yellow looks good with the older bronze frame either. I read that Yellow literally only sells in Spring, so Ducati went to offering white on the smaller bikes, and now only do Red!

I still think though that the pedigree of the bike is more important, but I don't think it's getting easy these days as the sellers seem to be trying really hard to over inflate values. Which is evident by some posts on here recently from a canadian guy saying that 996R/998R's regularly sold around £11k over there (unless I mistook the post).

There has (for example) been a 748R for sale at WOODs for over a year and a half now, its done higher mileage and isn't an Ohlins model, yet it's still seriously strong money. I'm not arguing that it wouldn't be a great bike but when paying so much you don't want to compromise.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information