1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Throttle Action - Is It Just Me?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Michael748, Feb 8, 2018.

1. I've moved from my 748, which I had for ever, to an SS. My first time with a fly-by-wire throttle.

Me and the 748 really gelled over the years and I miss its throttle action which I found to be telepathic: minor changes required no movement of the twist grip at all, just slight changes of pressure. Holding a constant speed or throttle opening was easy, there was just the right level of resistance in the mechanism.

I'm a couple of hundred miles into SS ownership and am mostly riding in Urban mode. I find the throttle action is very springy, it's hard to hold it steady on a constant opening because every bump on the road translates into a throttle movement. The bike's ride quality is good, much better than the 748, but London's bumpy roads are tiring on the twist grip.

How are others getting on with the fly-by-wire? I'm hoping I will just get used to it.

2. Feels quite normal to me, no different to any other bike, but I only use urban mode when on the dirt track to my house, and I am standing on the footpegs at that point. Out on the tarmac, I use Touring or sport.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I find the throttle great and I have also fitted Panigale spacers to take the small amount of slop out as well. You may need your TPS reset? I ride almost all the time in Sport unless a long trip.

#3 Duke of Desmo, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. Personally I don't have a problem. Find the fuelling and throttle action fine. I use Sport all the time.

5. Same her, I have no problem with it and ride in Sport most of the time. I made spacers from heatshrink to take up the small amount of free play.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I came from a cable throttle r1 to the 959 and I know exactly what you're talking about. I fitted the throttle spacer and a few miles adjusting to it and it's fine now.
    I think the spring on the throttle does give a light throttle action.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information