1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Throttle Spacer Kit

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rjkc600, Mar 14, 2016.

1. just fitted my spacer kit from the USA to take out that awful throttle free play.

Absolutely amazing!! Hated that excessive I adjustable throttle free play, and now it's completely gone. I'm so much smoother riding through town now and pulling away.

Everyone needs to do this, took under 10 mins to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. just done 600 miles on my bike running it in - not noticed any throttle free play.

I bet I do next time I ride it damn you !!! :)

You better share the link on this widget thingy you've installed

3. Had mine done at JHP Coventry they supplied and installed for £25

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'd be interested to see how it goes. I notice the free play all the time

5. What awful throttle free play? How much rotational play was there before you did this? My bike came new from JHP Coventry and has almost no play at all on the throttle.

6. I suspect they already fitted the kit then.

Mine had lots of free play before the throttle actually engaged. The few other 1299 I've tried were the same.

With the spacer kit fitted there is almost zero free play. I find it far easier to ride and pull away fast now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You may be right, but it is rare to get something for nothing these days!

8. Controversial I know but like Pete I don't find it that bad at all, I'm used to Triumphs though where they put a ridiculous amount of free play in, and every time I adjuster it out they would put it back in at the services!!

9. The bike in the showroom had lots of play but mine doesn't seem to

I might try this - the instructions on their website are a bit alarming. Has a warning about how it May cause throttle to stick open... Nice.

10. Waiting delivery of the kit. The throttle does rattle around a bit. Hopefully it will just tighten it up. If it affects the bike in any other way, it's in the bin.

11. Well, what a difference! Certainly the free play and rattly twist grip now cured.
    Out on the road....brilliant!!!
    No snatching, much faster pull away's, no bucking and jumping riding through town. All in all very much smoother and better throttle control.

Recommended!.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. One of the best mods I've done

Gets rid of the free play which makes it much smoother when pulling away or coming out of a bend

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Does the 2016 1299 base model have the same throttle free play?

14. Wait, I've been contemplating custom mapping to get rid of the jerky throttle around town on my 899 and it might just be sloppy throughout throttle play? That's awesome because the cost to fix is a 10th of the custom map!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. No issues with mine and the way it fits can't stick the throttle open unless it's fitted incorrectly, which I don't think even Stevie Wonder could do.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I've just ordered one too. I'll let you know how it goes

17. It arrived, customs got me though, another £12 odd. Expensive little things. IMAG0719.jpg

18. That's hideous. Can you appeal customs charges? I've got these coming

Do Not Sell My Personal Information