1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. #2 If you find the the engine rough at slow speeds it may be because your RPM is too low.
    A 42T rear sprocket will raise that RPM for a given speed.

Throttle spacers simply removes the 1~2 degree slack before the throttle bodies open.
    With them in place, the first degree of twist will open the throttle bodies.

#181 DarR, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. I'm a bit confused. Do you have a 2017 Multistrada 1200 or a Monster 1200 R ?
    If the later, the M1200R is unchanged since it's inception in 2016.
    https://ducatispacers.com/collectio...rt-xdiavel-multistrada?variant=12342577823829

There are no spacers for the 2015~17 Multistrada as this model has next to no throttle slack. Thus spacers are not required.

#182 DarR, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  3. Thanks. That's listed for a Monster 1200R. Will the same spacers fit a Multistrada 1200S?

4. IDK but's that a mute point. If your Multistrada 1200S has no throttle slop, why would you need spacers?

5. Oh, believe me, it has throttle slop. So frustrating to ride in traffic at low speeds / low gears. I have to use way too much throttle on/off finesse to avoid jerkiness. I haven't experienced this degree of throttle slope since I had a KZ900 in 1976. At least then, you could simply tighten the cables. Makes me go back to my 2007 Softtail instead of the MS for slower riding.

6. If that's the case, ask you dealer to check your throttle assembly. If the tolerances are within specs and that's not acceptable, contact Kevin at Panigale Spacers to see which spacers would fit your 2015~17 Multistrada 1200.

7. Also just be aware not to use too high a gear at low speeds. The engine will ‘chug’ if you try and ride around at 30 mph in 4th gear!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thank. Will do. Response from Kevin below.

Unfortunately no, the 1200 uses a different throttle housing, and no current plans to make a kit for that throttle.
    -Kevin

• Like Like x 1
  9. A good solution would be to fit a 1260 throttle assembly on the 1200s. assuming it's compatible, then install the spacers

10. I didn't see the 1200 as much of a problem providing I stayed away from Sport mode.

The 1260 is a different story that was solved 100% with the spacers.

11. Just fitted a pair of the spacers to my 950S, initially thought only the larger one would go in but, 2 do go , very precise fit, absolutely no slack in the throttle now..

12. Good point. I found setting the engine at medium solves the problem to an acceptable degree. Thank you.

13. Just got my kit in the post along with the special security bit and also bought a T20 torx bit with the hole in
    Do you need to just remove the two special screws with the supplied bit or do you need to remove all 4, reason I ask is the T20 Torx (with the hole) in doesn't seem to fit, appears to be a bit small, is it a T25 that's required?

14. Holy shit.....

Just read some of the comments on this thread going back to original in 2018.

I thought most Ducati owners were really old and therefore experienced riders !!!

Didn't we all grow up on bikes with throttle cables, which needed to have slack? Or throttle could open slightly on full lock.

This is all a question of feel and it should come naturally after about an hours riding.

When you're ready to pick up the throttle you'd automatically take out that 2-3 mm ( just look at yr cock to see how little that is!) and wind on smoothly.

Un fookink believable.

That's all.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thanks for you insights and helpful comments!!!

Whilst I agree it’s something you can get used to it’s the lack of precision from closed throttle that’s the issue.
    Of course you can just ride around in Urban mode when it feels like this anyway.
    PS have you actually ridden one?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've got a 2016 DVT 1200, with play in the throttle, don't consciously feel any snatchiness from shut to on in any of the 3 modes.
    Rode a 2019 1260 demonstrator for a day, again didn't feel anything untoward.
    Sorry.

17. Well Broduc64, whilst you are absolutely entitled to your views on this subject, people who have posted the status of the issue, from their own direct experience, DO know what they are talking about.
    It is a real, clearly established and undoubted problem. It has been largely solved by the installation of the spacers, and before you say differently, it isn't an imaginary issue.
    I've owned and ridden many miles on three Mutlis to date. a 2010 model 1200 MTS, a 1200 2014 (2015 Plate) Pikes Peak, both of which had no such throttle problem. The 1260 MTS: an absolute bucking bronco of a bike, especially on a closed throttle as pointed out by T4M.
    Now solved......
    I am experienced and I can ride!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Only problem I have now is the kit is the wrong one as pointed out on page 7, does anyone have a link to the 1260 spacers, also will now have a set of the spacers for sale going cheap

19. Franksie, I suggest you get in touch with Nelly @ CornerSpeed, he WILL be able to sort you out with the right spacer set-up.
    His contact details are available/accessible on this website. If you read back earlier in this thread, you'll find them there. A really helpful guy.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fair enough, I stand corrected. I wasn't implying every Multi rider was inexperienced or a bad rider, it's just that I find it hard to see how just a little play before throttle take up can cause such a problem. There must be something in the fuelling map not quite right.
    For me this would be where I'd be looking, although I do believe the Multi ECU are hard to crack/flash. Anyway a small piece of plastic is cheaper.
    I must've been lucky in the ones I've ridden which haven't shown any strange traits.
    Would like to ride a bad one.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information