1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. I fitted my spacer before I rode it, so I have nothing to offer!

2. All the spacer does is remove the 'slop' at the at the very begining of the throttle travel. It does nothing once that 'slop' has been taken up by you marginally twisting the grip. It has zero effect elsewhere in the range, how could it.

Traditional cable operated throttles required a little of this free play/slop so that turning the bars didn't introduce extra tension into the cables and make revs inadvertently rise. I guess Ducati are trying to mimic this with their ride-by-wire throttles.

At very low speed riding the on/off throttle response on my 1260 Mutley could be a little vague due to this, the spacer has eliminated this free play and for me was a worthwhile modification. Extortionately expensive for what it actually is but it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Does anyone have a link to where I can buy a spacer for the 1260 in the uk?

4. I just bought mine from eBay. Listed as a V4 Panigale

5. And does that deffo fit the multi 1260?

6. Sorry, I thought this was in the SFV4 section. I can’t confirm if they fit, however I don’t “think” they do. Sorry again.

7. £35 for this piece of plastic, someone is seriously taking the piss.
    Regardless of the improvement this is a blatant rip off.
    Has anyone questioned why Ducati have built in this free play in the twistgrip?

8. Neil of this parish at http://cornerspeed.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was out with @rotaxracer yesterday and we swapped bikes for a short test. Both have 1260's, both have throttle spacers but I felt mine had less 'on/off surging' when you close the throttle. The only other difference is Pete has removed the cat and has a Termi end can. Mine has the standard cat and end can.

Yes it's a stupid price for a bit of plastic, but personally I think it really helps and is worth the money. And you will always be able to sell it to someone when you change bikes.

10. As Twin4me said I have gutted my standard cat box and have the Termi slip on, we both have exhaust flap eliminators and throttle spacers, riding the bikes back to back there was a difference between the on-off throttle snatch. Chris’s bike felt much better as in smoother in transition from off to on.

I will try to narrow down the cause by switching the gutted de-cat box for a stock spare that I have to see if that improves my issue.

11. Thanks. Any other links to where you can get one for the 1260?

12. It’s the same kit for the DVT and 1260 I think

EDIT - my apologies for some reason I thought I’d swapped these over on my bikes but I must have been mistaken!

#233 Twin4me, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  13. Are you sure about that? I thought the throttles were different. The 1260 being like a Panigale throttle.

Steve E you could always order one direct from the States. I think they’re cheaper there and the postage can’t be much on such a tiny item. Not sure if it would qualify for import duty though.

14. I just looked it up on the website in The States. The spacers do not fit a 1200 DVT.

The twist grip body is different on older models. I have read that on a 1200 DVT you can pack out the area of slack with a tiny bit of plastic, basically acting like a shim to fill the void. Apparently if you trim a tiny bit off an A4 plastic folder it works. You fold it over to fill the void accordingly. I might even try it today.

I certainly wouldn’t try it with the 1260/ Panigale throttle types. For the record I have fitted one of the aforementioned spacers on my Panigale and they are excellent. Taking away that on/off slop that hits you in the back of the neck.

This is a list of models the spacers fit, taken directly from the website in The States.

2018+ Panigale V4 (All variants!)

2020+ Streetfighter V4, V4S

2020+ Panigale V2 (All variants!)

2012-19 Panigale 899, 959, 1199, 1299- ALL variants!

2017+ Monster 821, 1200, 1200S

2016+ Monster 1200R (Only the 2016 "R" model!)

2016+ XDiavel, XDiavel S

2019+ Diavel 1260/1260S

2017+ Multistrada 950/1260/V4

2017+ Supersport/Supersport S

2018+ Scrambler 1100

15. Could you give me the link for the seller in the states?

16. See post #207

17. Thanks got one from Neil at Cornerspeed. Top bloke who cares about customer service. It took me 5 mins to fit and notice the difference straight away.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information