1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. I have stock of both 1260 and Panigale spacers in the UK now. Customs got me as well..... :(

2. However, if you look here you'll see that the seller has offered to refund the charges. I think that explains why people are discussing the possibility of a refund. It's quite logical that these spacers should, on the face of it, cost less than the value threshold for import duty. The value is more related to the improvement gained rather than anything material. I'm not knocking the seller/producer here, he saw an opportunity to make money, people are buying and saying great things about the product despite the high cost related to what you actually get in a material sense.

Now you say... So you're going to be the UK importer? How much will you be charging for these kits? Water under the bridge for me as I ordered a set from the US on Friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm not the "importer" as such. I bring them in mainly for fitting in the workshop. I've had the Panigale ones in for some time now. They're £30 inc. vat plus postage if needed.
    Whilst the kit itself is exempt of import duty, it's still liable for VAT and handling charges. Personally, I don't see any reason for Kevin to be refunding those charges.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks for the clarification.

Arse! wish I had known that last Friday before ordering from the States...

5. He is only doing as in his faqs he states that he would mark as a low cost item thus avoiding the customs charge.
    He forgot to mark the first batch of 1260 spacers.
    As the piece of plastic is only worth at max 10p i dont see any issue with it.
    I wouldn't of bought one if i thought i would be charged 36 $ plus delivery plus 15 £ cusoms charge

6. He does mark them "low", it's not customs tax charges they pick up, it's VAT and handling. VAT threshold on imports is only £18. The US have tightened down very tightly on "misleading" values on waybills as have HMRC on imports. My delivery took a week to clear HMRC. Some slip through, but it's very rare now...

7. I think you have missed the point

8. Mine have been delivered, I've paid the custom charges
    Tracking says..Still at Heathrow..? Go figure....

9. I emailed him yesterday to ask about a refund. Today the refund was in my account with an explanation (he said it was his mistake, he forgot to declare them low value) and an apology. Can't ask for more than that. Great product and great customer service.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Interesting feedback and I now feel more encouraged to give these a shot, in spite of my earlier concerns, which as some of you have pointed-out, could quite easily apply to a variety of add-on bits & pieces that loads of us Mutley nuts, fit as an afterthought!

I'll make contact with Nelly to see how to get a set, as the throttle response remains a considerable irritation and makes riding my 1260, pretty uncomfortable and de-stabilising to say the least.

TonyMN:)

11. Hi Nelly,
    Am I right in thinking you have the spacers for the Mutley 1260?
    If so what's the best way to arrange to get a set from you?

Regards
    TonyMN

12. Yes, Tony. I have them in stock now. Drop me a pm with a contact number and I’ll give you a call, get some details and mail them out.

13. You will find a big improvement Tony. If, pre the spacers, Ducati had offered me a mod that gave the same results and had charged me £100 I would have considered it the best £100 I had spent in a long time. You still (of course) get the big engine breaking, but the transition from the initial on and off of the throttle is much better. I now find the bike is much easier to ride smoothly.

14. hi Nelly, I'll have a set too please mate. just trying to suss out how to send a pm?

15. phone number is 01623 238944 if that's easier. Get me going all "old skool" :p

16. My spacer and torx bit arrived this morning, thankfully no faff with fees or duty, just a jiffy bag through the letterbox. Will fit tomorrow or over the weekend. Yay :D

17. As per the reply from the seller someone else posted above; he'd omitted to state the value low (realistic in this case) on some of the earlier ones sent out. It was $9.99 on the label for mine. I did ask for this having read the quote from his email. The retail price is the IP value, sure this is the real cost, but in term of what you actually get, in a material sense, for your money... the torx bit is the more expensive part and how much are they...?

18. Still waiting on mine. Ordered 28th September

19. Now I've received mine from Neil @ Cornerspeed, a real gent' to deal with.
    Just been into the garage and fitted the spacer, which was really easy to do and on initial testing of the throttle movement, it certainly appears to be less slack and responds instantly both on and off throttle.

So first impressions are positive, but in reality the 'proof of the spacer' (aka "pudding"), is in the riding (aka "eating").
    Once the weather improves I feel a test ride coming on and will then feedback more.

Regards :upyeah:
    TonyMN

Do Not Sell My Personal Information