1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Agreed about the cables, but no problem providing you check the cables are not being pulled on full lock. Ducati obviously put it there by design, but everyone who has fitted the spacer seem to agree it's a definite improvement for the bike.

2. There is an explanation of why there is free play on the Ducati Spacers website. A reply from the CEO of Ducati.

[​IMG]

It looks like they have no choice but to have it but luckily with the spacer it is an easy fix.

Funnily enough this same spacer fits the Triumph Street Triple RS which I also owned up until recently but never really thought there was an issue with the throttle. I think it must be down to the characteristics of the engines but certainly the 1260 needed it.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. There we have it then. No need for free play, except for rules and regulations! Good that he replied with a full explanation.

4. @hubeluk, thanks for your response and the explanation from the Ducati Spacers site, good to know that it's just regs and as, somewhat unbelievingly, suspected it's effectively to emulate a cable set-up...

My previous bike, an MV, had RBW and I never perceived a problem. Next time I see one I'll see if it's there to the same extent.

5. Good on ya Kevin for taking the time out in researching and developing the spacers

The comments above are all justified, I’ve actually forgot that mine are fitted now and just ride the dam thing without trying to be extra aware of controlling the throttle to create a smooth ride

Just like it should have been in the first place!

Well done that man

#105 Boomer, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
  6. General rule of thumb, you rarely get the best ride if something is too slack :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I asked the question last year at Motorcycle Live about throttle slop. The guy on the Duc stand gave me the same response. However, I’ve tried a few other bikes (different manufacturers) recently and not noticed any slop in the throttle. So how come?

One was a friends GS which must have been ride by wire. I deliberately played with the twist grip on the move. The power feed in was smooth. I’ll check it out with him if it’s RBW.

Anyone noticed slop or not with other manufacturers on RBW?

8. As soon as you make them for the Dvt multistrada my order will fly your way.

#108 manxxl, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Had an MV Agusta Turismo Veloce before my 1260, this has a RBW throttle, no slop that I recall.

10. On all my previous bikes with cable throttle i adjusted the slack away. Honda, suzukis, aprilia, yamahas, ducati and kawasakis. There was always some slack. Good thing we can eliminate this with electronic throttle as well

11. As mentioned earlier in this thread by others. My throttle was awful when bike was new. After Ducati fitted my termi system & chip it is perfect. No snatchiness at all. 2017 1200s.

12. I must be numb cos I don’t find it an issue.

13. Not everyone does, but if you do it's a great and cheap fix.

14. Made a huge difference to me and definitely a worthwhile upgrade

15. I must agree

Its a much better bike for fitting the spacers, fit and forget you ever had an issue

Ride and enjoy your bike as it was meant to be

16. I got these spacers fitted (Just one needed on my bike). A definite improvement in throttle control.

17. I’ve been waiting months for mine to be delivered. First ones ordered 28/09/18, never showed so they sent me another kit on 29/10/18 and that hasn’t been delivered yet either. Both orders tracking show it at Heathrow London.

18. That's odd, mine took about a week to get here.

19. Happened twice now. Ready to give up

20. If its held at Heathrow

It will have been more than likely stopped by customs

Have you had a notification through the post ref custom charges?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information