1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. No nothing through the post for either kit ordered.

2. I suggest you contact the designer/supplier (Kevin @ ducatispacers.com) and advise him of the issue and ask about the possibility of a full refund, due to non-delivery, assuming this is where you ordered them from. He's seems to be a really genuine guy, keen to ensure his idea gets used as appropriate and that end users genuinely benefit. You might then contact Nelly @ Corner Speed, who as I understand it, brings these spacers in for himself for Ducati bikes and will help you out, with delivery pretty much the next 1-2 days, for circa £33.00 all-in. Neil's contact details are within this thread a little further back.

This is where I got mine from and the service was great, as was the follow-up from Kevin, when I was having a few operator error issues.
    Don't give up, you WILL be impressed once you receive and fit the spacer kit.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hi nelly do you still have one of these for sale ?

4. Yes mate.

5. How do I go about getting one ?

6. Give us a call tomorrow, 01623 238944, with your details and a card number and I’ll get em mailed to you. If you’re anywhere near Nottingham area, you’re welcome to pick them up from the workshop

• Like Like x 1
  7. Package received , that’s quick service cheers nelly

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi Nelly,
    Can you supply the spacer kit for the V4..?
    Cheers
    TC

9. Yes Tony. Same as Panigale V2’s. Have them in stock

10. Thanks Nelly,
    How do we order bud?

11. Give us a call in the morning, 01623 238944. I can take a card over phone and get them off to you.

12. Cool

13. Wondering if anyone can help. I've just got a Multistrada 1260S. I've bought a spacer kit but I'm not sure it's the right one, I was under the impression that the one for the Multistrada 1260S only had 3 sides to it..... Ive attached a pic of the kit I've received

20190613_170541.jpg

14. Exactly the same happened to me. This is a wrong kit! Had to contact the seller and get him ship the correct kit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OK thanks for the reply, how frustrating...

16. And, to be honest, I'm not that impressed with it... Yes, it does remove slack, but it doesn't smooth throttle response. Everyone who thinks otherwise just experiences "placebo effect".
    Also, the bit that was included in the kit has the hole way out of center, so it does not fit the screws. Be prepare to have your own Torx bit/screwdriver (don't remember exactly, but I believe it's T20). For that kind of money, I'd expect a better quality kit.

17. Yes, I know what you mean. I was expecting the next best thing since sliced bread!

18. It does improve on/off throttle response/smoothness where you're between zero and marginal throttle openings. This is precisely and simply by the removal of that slack where an input results in a response by the engine. Without the spacer this is imprecise and destabilising. With low speed manoeuvring in traffic etc. IMHO it's a very worthwhile addition for the cost. That cost is, I admit, pretty astronomical for what the kit comprises...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sorry, it does not improve smoothness. Smoothness at a marginal throttle openings has nothing to do with a slack. Recently I had 4 RBW bikes:
    1. BMW R1200RS - no slack, very smooth
    2. Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 - no slack, rough
    3. KTM 1190 Adv - slack, very smooth
    4. MTS 1260 - slack, kind of rough
    The smoothness depends on an engine, ECU mapping, etc., but absolutely not on a slack of a throttle (unless, there is some other issue). It's just some people prefer not to have a slack and feel more comfortable, again, just placebo effect

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Forvive me if im being a dick, but why cant the slack be adjusted out with the cable adjusters that sit just down under the dash. That seemed to work on mine. I have 2013 . Does 1260 not have any cables? Ta

Do Not Sell My Personal Information