1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Not sure about your use/bastardisation of my screen name but glad that you're pleased with the throttle spacer :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. The kit for both the Panigale and the Monster comes with two spacers. The 1260 Multi's kit only has one spacer.

3. Its fly by wire so no cables.
    The freeplay doesnt aid initial pick up because youre turning the throttle through the play rather than turning the throttle on and then the throttle comes on later than youve asked it. However you dont need those spacers. Just use a bit of foam. Eliminated the freeplay on my 959 with foam.

4. I wouldn't be without mine on the 1260S. Takes the guess work out of when you hit the gas from a closed throttle and for me makes it more rideable at low revs especially in stop start traffic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. There has been lots of discussion as to what the spacer does, aids or improves. The fact is, and I think everyone who has tried it agrees. that it simply makes the bike nicer to ride. Simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Well as far as I'm concerned, whatever the semantics about specifics around language, descriptions, adjectives, correct use of grammar, etc. etc.,
    I fundamentally KNOW one thing: This little piece of plastic manufactured and supplied by Kevin and available directly via Nelly, absolutely and unequivocally solved my awful 1260 throttle response :upyeah::)
    It has now made ownership and riding of my 1260 rather more of a pleasure than it was prior to fitting. Up until I found this item, the bike was highly likely to be given back to Riders in Bridgwater as it was virtually un-rideable from my perspective and at times potentially dangerous to ride downhill and in bends, as the throttle movement/response was like riding a bucking bronco!

It works for me no matter what other's opinions might be, which I respect, but simply don't agree with. :expressionless:;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just ordered the spacer kit.

Sometimes I like to rev match myself when downshifting, rather than relying on the autoblipper (1260s). I find the throttle is a bit unpredictable on my MTS, so it doesn't rev match as I expect it to. A problem I never had on my S1000XR.

Hoping this throttle kit will fix this because I enjoy manually matching the revs myself :)

8. TBH I don't think this will provide the solution that you're looking for as the spacer only really effects the slack from fully closed to where the throttle actually engages. Once you're beyond 0% throttle there will be no difference to stock. I very much doubt if the slack can be felt on a blip with the closure spring being weak enough to reintroduce the slack that the spacer removes... Let us know how it works out for you.

I usually don't bother with the QS and can consistently shift smoothly with a blip on the down-change..

The on/off throttle control is improved by the spacer as it removes the ambiguity of that slight slop and for this alone, as well as the relative low cost (though for a piece of moulded plastic it's ridiculous) and ease of install make, IMHO, this mod worthwhile.

9. I thought it might help with the throttle blips, as I'm going from 0% throttle upwards. I don't think I've wired my brain to account for the slack, so it doesn't feel very direct to me.

Either way, from what I've read on this thread, it'll be an improvement.

Besides - it's nearly Christmas - any excuse to buy some extra bike bits! :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. In that case it might well help. Had only theoretically gone through a down-change in my head, assuming that it won't be from a completely closed throttle, as it's frankly 2nd nature on the bike and I don't really think about it, let alone consciously analyse my input... Will have to try and do that next time I'm out.

11. @TCochrane
    This is my third spacer purchase. Pani, Monster and now Multi. By far the best performance upgrade for the money.
    I just don't get why Ducati has that throttle slack to begin with. Nor is it adjustable. Fortunately, Kevin's product is a problem solver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Have installed the spacer and done about 150 miles so far this weekend.
    I can confirm that the throttle feels more predictable than before. I can rev match downshifts with ease now. That initial 0 - 1% throttle input is smooth and predictable.

Very happy :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Absolutely. The spacer solve's the problem in finding that "maintenance throttle" sweet spot.

#173 DarR, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  14. Installed mine and it’s a big improvement

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. :) Amen to that statement; unequivocally NOT surprised :sun:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fitted mine too , now it’s just right

• Like Like x 1
  17. I bought my 2017 Multistrada 1200S a couple weeks ago. Love the bike, however, the throttle on/off response at low gears/speeds is worse than any bike I've ridden since a KZ900 in 1977. I have to constantly finesse the throttle to avoid getting bucked off (some added drama). Seriously, it is so bad, it makes me park the MS and go back to my Softtail. Are there any solutions for me? Thank you.

18. Throttle spacers will help. Other improvements include:
    1) use Urban or Touring mode
    2) 42T rear sprocket
    3) Rapidbike unit

19. Thank you. Very knowledgeable information. I will try #1 asap. #3 is interesting. Regarding #2, I get what #2 does as I did it many years ago on motocross bikes. Can you explain the logic of how it might help throttle RBW throttle slack? Thank you.

20. Also, I cannot find throttle spacers for a 2017 MS 1200R. I would love that solution.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information