1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Throttle Spacers...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by pcn1, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Last question today ……. promise :D

Firstly, I think the slack in the throttle is going to start to annoy me, especially in Urban around town, so where would be the best place for me to buy these throttle spacers from. (I assume there are several manufacturers punting them out ?)

Secondly, do they remove all the slack, or just leave tiny bit so its not too twitchy ?

Thanks

2. Removes the slack entirely. It's a distinct improvement.

The Ducati Spacers brand I think hold a patent so are the only real source, of course this IP gives them free reign to charge what is an exorbitant price for a piece of plastic and a driver bit...

There have been a few 3D printed 'pretenders' on eBay and some home-spun solutions suggested but I'm happy with the one I fitted. 10,000 miles and no issues.

@nelly of this parish, who works for a Ducati franchise, is your best port of call.

20181013_141648.jpg

#2 Bumpkin, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  3. Much of that, Urban especially, will be the engine setting. Stick it in HIGH and see how it changes...

4. You have to think of it in terms of what it does (fixes your problem quickly, easily, completely, and reversibly) rather than what it is (a little piece of plastic and a driver bit).

Using that logic, the price seems a lot more reasonable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Blimey, someone actually uses Urban mode :eek:, don't think I've ever used it or Enduro for that matter on any of the 3 Multistradas I've had. The spacer is a vast improvement although not perfect in my case, make sure you get the genuine one, sure I read that some had broken up and caused issues, might have been on a Panigale though :thinkingface:

6. I’ve only really used urban on a French road that had been ‘resurfaced’, which in France means a bit of tar and 2 tons of gravel per 10m.

For me the throttle spacer solves about 90% of the issue and yes you still have a bit of throttle ‘slack’

7. Whilst the throttle spacer does improve the situation markedly, it doesn't completely solve the shunting, which with perseverance adapting to the throttle mechanism, will iron out most issues. Nelly @ Cornerspeed is definitely the right person to get in contact with to buy these.
    It will probably be the best modification to buy for the £30-35.:upyeah:

8. Not just probably, Definitely.
    I'm on my third set.
    Panigale, Monster and now Multistrada.
    There's no mod at that price that will improve the bike like these spacers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I just don’t get this throttle spacer thing. Yeah there’s a bit of play on the throttle but I just recalibrate and compensate for it.

I’m not saying the spacer lovers are wrong, in fact judging by all the spacer love, it’s probably me that’s wrong. But I never struggle picking up the gas out of a corner. Or am I missing something??

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes...
    (But as you know we’ve all been over this many times)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I use Urban mode a lot more than most I think. If I'm darting around the slim 'streets' of Amsterdam it's perfect. But generally, in any built up area, I'll throw it into Urban simply because it's lower and easier to throw about, the lower power makes it much easier to just give it the beans around town.

I oddly really like it! I actually rarely go into sports mode, just don't see the appeal unless I'm on a fast twisty road.

As for throttle spacer, never had one on my 1200 and hated the throttle gap. It was the first thing I installed on day one for my 1260 after taking delivery of it. Never looked back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. How easy is the throttle spacer to fit?

13. Looks a doddle. Have a look on YouTube :upyeah:

14. I’m with you on this. I just don’t get it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thanks for the info guys, its much appreciated.

I've paid for a bike with all these settings, so I might as well use them ! :p

Urban mode... well the other night I rode along the Thames Embankment from Earls court area to Tower bridge and back. Its a bloody 20 mph speed limit most of the way, and stop/start with traffic lights.
    So your trying to be gentle on the throttle and control a heavy bike in traffic (little scooter riders are just zipping in and out of everyone!).
    I just found that throttle slack hard to compensate for whilst trying to be gentle on the throttle.

My 2p worth anyway :upyeah:

16. Make sure you have the correct bit to undo the security bolts on the throttle assembly , the bit that came with my kit was drilled off-centre and I ended up buying a new set of of bits so I could undo those bolts.

17. Haha I used urban all the time for mounting/dismounting or filtering around town. I set up enduro as a track mode too :upyeah:

18. Fiddly if you don’t have fingers like a Thai bride

19. Ah yes, needle nose pliers are your friend. I could barely even start to fit the part with my bare hands.

20. I bought a cheap pair of dental tweezers, useful for all sorts of things (but not any other things Thai brides might offer)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information