1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Time For A Change

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by andyb, Aug 8, 2020.

1. And one tank of fuel

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Seat height is correct though..

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nice Moped, Hopefully the Air Fire Marshalls aren't needed. :upyeah::p

I was thinking about the Spider Rearsets, but ended up back with Light tech's.

#23 samieb, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  4. Could you not afford the decent one?

5. So update,
    spider gp shift rearsets fitted..which means the Q/S mechanism is now working the opposite way ie pushing to go up the gearbox rather than pulling. haven't tried this yet but can anyone say if it still works ok up and downshift, or has something got to be reversed changed so it recognises which way its working?

6. I think they do a wire harness adaptor which changes the push to pull action. I read something about it when I fitted the reverse Q/S to mine but mine’s only one way.

7. Yeah I’ve seen that.. about how to change the action... worked that bit out;)
    ...and I know the earlier pani’s needed a reverse qs gizmo...
    Can’t find anything to say definitively the electricity swings both ways..

#28 andyb, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  8. Don’t Know if the V4R’s are different to your V4 @andyb but when I had the Lighttechs fitted they just switched the connection rods points. Does the rod not need to be switched around?

9. I've got standard rearsets still but swapped the linkage round to get race shift, didn't have to do anything other than swap the position and it works perfectly.

10. Samey do a picture of your gear linkage rod and the qs position please

11. Did you swap the whole rod 180 degrees or did you swap just the rear eye position please?

12. On the STD rear sets, you swap positions upper to lower etc.

Here Is a photo of my Light techs. The rod is connected to the bottom of the 2 connector points. Hope you can see this in the photo.

3C894596-2C3C-49D9-BA69-18A801235434.jpeg

13. No just swap the eye position and that's it, dead easy mate.

14. And the down and up shift all good

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yeh works perfectly as it's supposed to.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information