1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time For A Tourer??

Discussion in 'Touring' started by carson, Aug 3, 2019.

1. The front end of that looks like an Angry Bird

angry.png

2. Yes, it’s been said before, classic Italian design so I hear!

3. I had one of those. Rocket ship acceleration and v comfortable. Fuel economy was rubbish.

4. Interesting.

Seems OK so far after 1000 + miles and more efficient than my friends s1000xr when fueling at the same time.

Definitely quick. Handling takes a bit of getting used to after conventional forks but v.stable and comfy

• Like Like x 2
  5. https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/aprilia/caponord-1200/2013/ Info for the melting pot. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. This isnt Brexit, indy, Trump threads :p

7. A good review there for the Ape and something a bit different. Question is, would I enjoy riding an adventure bike, be it a GS, Ape, Multi etc or would I be better with something like the Superduke GT. Probably only going to be able to decide that after a test ride on them. Must admit that Ape has me thinking

8. My routine go to bike is my first gen Multistrada 1200S and it puts a smile on my face every time I go out for a ride. Hugely capable, I think largely due to the Ohlins electronic suspension but also a remapped engine. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t nor will it ever be a ‘sports’ bike but there aren’t many sports bike riders I can’t keep up with (or who get in my way) on twisty B roads. Never ridden a GS but I ride with many who do and they ain’t no slouch. Never been a fan of KTM road bikes and I know of at least 2 who gave their 990s back. If you have the opportunity, get out there and test ride a few contenders. Have fun :upyeah: Andy

9. I went 50/50 when i bought the Hyperstrada as I wasn't sure I'd get on with a tourer. I'm now thinking of selling the Hyperstrada and going full tourer for next year.

10. I was looking at a Coponord, Nice size, lots of extras and true electronic suspension. When they stopped making them in 2017? it put me off for some reason.
    GS is a good bike real two up all day capability (hired many) but it does not stir the sole much

11. I think I might be getting caught up in the whole touring bike thing and thinking it's all a bit too old manish and boring for me, when I should really be answering the question of what do I really want? It's not as if it's going to be my sole bike, I'm still going to have a bike for going a blast on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's what my thought process was too. Despite everyone saying how good adventure bikes are to ride I'm just not ready to have one in the garage hence looking at sports tourers. However shallow it may apprar I still want something that I like the look of

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I find the reach to the bars on ST type bikes gives me tennis elbow after an hour. Hence I stick to more adventure type ones, even though they are higher and need to be more careful when plodding about

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you can deal with the weight, an R1200RT is a hoot and the weather protection is amazing.
    The 2012-14 model is in budget and it's like a big sports bike. Honestly, you wouldn't believe what you can do with their handling. And they're much more planted than a GS.

15. I’ve just got back from a test ride on the GS1250, brilliant bike.
    Total comfort, surprisingly quick and so easy to ride. Very tempted to get the GSA1250 Rallye.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Never hear anyone saying a bad word about the GS really

17. Probably why it’s the best selling bike in its class every year

18. Outside of mopeds, I think it’s the best selling bike overall of every class year on year

19. Tiger 800XRT makes a great touring bike.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information