1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Wasting Buyers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Messer, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Yes, but not the GB bikes though :)

2. Deposit is non returnable, 10% non returnable deposit end of, that’s generally private sales in my experience

Try paying in full for an 1198 in January and still not having the bike in near may, ongoing dispute with a Honda main dealer, court or not to court? Major problem at present.

Absolutely you keep 10% you have missed sales holding it, his poor decision making so he can live with it I’m afraid, that’s life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Moto Cinelli were the 'official' Ducati importer for several years before Ducati UK came about, but for many years there were independent importers selling bikes, whether or not those bikes were imported as UK models or were converted after import could only be answered by someone like Jeff Green who was Moto Cinelli technical manager.

If, they were imported as UK models can't see the difference!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Makes you wonder why if he had doubts, why he didn't ring baines and ask them to clarify?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. AMEN to that.

The guy is taking advice from the wrong person clearly.

He even called a Ducati speciliast who knows the bike and recently did some work on it to verify it. Which he did, and suggested it is indeed a very good example.

I think he is taking bad advice from someone, there are a lot of Ducati know alls as we all know very well!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. He already had it in his head that Baines imported it solely to race - after all they do have racing in their name! God forbid if an early ducati comes up with 'Ducati Racing' on the rear wheel, thats been raced all of its life hence will be no good!:joy::joy:

7. Never raced or rallied, one female owner, viewing by appointment; only on St Swithin’s day!
    Next he’ll be wanting to see full colour video of the cylinder heads and valves

8. Never understood the appeal of female only owner vehicles.

To me that reads 'alloys fucked'.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. And clutch slipping

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nah, they all drive auto

11. Is that yooth speak for something dirty?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I would return his total deposit,less £50 for another advert cost and chalk it up to experience my friend:upyeah:

13. Considering Ive actually lost a buyer who wanted the bike for the same money, and is now sorted with an alternative I think its more than fair I hold more than that for the loss of sale, and pure invonvenience of being messed around daily, for 4 days!

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. I hope he reads this thread!

15. Yes I do too!

16. So he’s the real “messer” not you ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. 10%

18. Sorry no way is that fair, believe me I am in the middle of a heap of unfair and is not a good place to be in, the seller has done nothing wrong, the buyer has so unfortunately he has to be penalised for fucking people about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Have you asked him to explain in his own words why he gave you the deposit (twice)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. If you give deposits back, what's the point of them?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information