1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Wasting Buyers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Messer, Apr 30, 2019.

1. I thought seeing as it was causing you and your (ex) buyer problems then perhaps that should be the best course of action.

But if you want to keep the embers burning then crack on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This forum is largely historical - don't delete the history when some can learn from it :eyes:

3. It’s an active thread, I’m not calling anyone out - posted originally to not only seek advice but also sanity check myself that I wasn’t missing something. I hate confrontation, am totally upfront and honest. This has turned in to a debate and interesting convo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Agreed. At least if the same pops up for someone else they can search and find that their bike is also totally normal, and indeed not a worthless piece of junk.

5. And IMO hasn't deteriorated into ranting. Was a pretty objective thread by the standards of the Internet. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I think a few people have already said they're happy to relieve you of your boat anchor, but if they fall through then I'll take it for a nominal payment.

7. Too late, it's legally mine for free :eyes:

8. Oh your all heart on here

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeah but people don’t do they. They end up going round and round and round etc etc ad infinitum.

But you know that.

10. There is no name calling, no hating going on.
    The purpose of this thread, for me is helping others to learn about misinformation surrounding these bikes and in a speculative market what types of things can spook buyers (wrongly)

11. No problem. It was just a suggestion.

Ps You said “Came to my door being all aggressive with my kids upstairs in bed. Threatening to come back if the moneys not all there.” Sounds to me like there was some hating and name calling going on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Only toward me, and I’m ok with that. So long as my integrity is in tact, which it is - I’m fine. All blown out of proportion which isn’t necessary. I do hope he re reads this and realised that the worst I’ve done is state he wasted my time, which I’ll let the collective decide if that is fair or not

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The gent in question is a fool. The weight of opinion and facts demonstrate this comprehensively. This is what occurs when someone thinks they know more than they actually do. He would have been better served making enquiries here first. Then both he and messer would be happy. Thats a top bike, id have no compunction buying it whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Not having a go at anyone here, or suggesting anything, and I wasn't the prospective buyer - but if I was buying a bike and the seller assured me it was registered new in the UK, but a subsequent HPI check noted it had previously been registered overseas, unless there was a rational explanation, it may influence the decision to proceed with the sale, simply because you may not feel everything else the seller is telling you is 100% accurate.

The buy, don't buy, buy after this may a case of heart -vs- head, possibly with a large slice of tongue pie from Mrs Buyer on the side.

If you go and look at a bike and decide you want it, you can do the HPI check there and then on your phone, so no real excuse for not sorting all this out at the point of sale.

Out of interest, was the HPI check was done after the sale was agreed and deposit was paid?

Doesn't explain the 'imported as a race bike' bit - a simple call to Baines would have sorted this out, Geoff is a top bloke.

Realise what the log book says, but not sure if the V5 or HPI should be taken as the authoritative document here, knowing that the DVLA can be total rubber heads at times, and not sure how you would determine which record is correct fixed (if that's what anyone wanted to do).

I bought a new bike when I lived in Japan, had it shipped back to the UK when I left, and after a lot of effort got it registered here, but when the V5 arrived the special notes show it as left hand drive!. Not sure what a LHD motorcycle is, and also Japan is a RHD country. Tried to get this fixed but DVLA insisted I provide the original registration certificate (actually a deregistration certificate as the bike had to be deregistered before it could leave Japan) to action this. As I'd already had to surrender this to the DVLA during the original registration process I couldn't comply. Explained this to the DVLA but they just wouldn't listen. Life's too short so bike remains LHD - and presumably more valuable as a result!.....

I'd put my name down for the 916, but even Mrs Bimble wouldn't believe it was free......

Anyway, lovely bike and GLWS.

Mr Bimble

• Like Like x 1
  15. This is an absolutely fair statement.

The buyer asked is it a UK bike and as the V5 said 'Declared New In GB by Indenpendent Importer' and as I had spoken to the 1st owner who had bought it brand spanking new in the UK. To me thats a UK bike. The HPI, I didnt even look at that marker, however given that the logbook declares new in GB and HPI says 'Previously registered overseas' could that not simply be that at some stage in its life its been overseas and then back to the UK? for example, I know ex pats who have a car over here, then went to live in France and took their car and re registered it there, moved back to the UK and re registered it back in the UK. Would that not be declared as previously registered overseas?

Also, the full HPI document and logbook was in all of the documentation that was provided to the ‘buyer’ on multiple occasions as he came to view the bike twice for decent durations and sat having a brews over the docs before committing.

#115 Messer, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  16. If it’s history is important to you, you can get a lot of detail from DVLA if you ask them nicely. They will want confirmation that it is your bike, and also to know your reason for asking, but “researching history of the vehicle” worked for me (Which I was).

17. I’m honestly not bothered, but I doubt that would be allowed now under GDPR legislation

18. In Haywards Heath? He is still going actually but no longer importing bikes

19. No it was done prior to agreement, just an old one that formed a part of my bikes paperwork all made available to the ‘buyer’

Do Not Sell My Personal Information