1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tinted Visors

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Widow79, May 12, 2018.

1. Back in Black :cool:
    BC83B7F5-E313-4209-9A0D-5B7895978293.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. That's a nice girly lid you wear. Is it dark in your closet ? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. You beat me to it. As he spoke about swapping lids with his Mrs, I just assumed that was her's ?? :eek:

4. It’s a Petrucci rep. I like a properly lairy lid. It reminded me of the Rossi Valencia (Austin Powers) lid and I always loved that one.

My wife’s one is plain black :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I just put silver mirror on my 803UC - looks the bomb!

6. Can't beat a light carbon helmet. Mine's just over 1200.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. I have used dark visors for years. I always have a clear visor with me and if I ever got pulled then I would state that I would rather be able to see where I am going then be blinded by the sun. Legal tints are just not dark enough for me. On a European trip a mate insisted on wearing dark glasses with a clear visor because he wanted to be legal. As we went through the tunnels in Switzerland, I could flip my visor up and he could go through the tunnel legal but unable to see where he was going clearly. If I ever got done then I would go to court over it. Never see Police anyway - just speed camera and speed camera vans sitting by the side of the road keeping us all safe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Never had any issues in over 20 years with dark visors. You will be grand mate

9. I just found this

Tinted visors are illegal in the UK if they are 70 per cent tinted or more.

10. But they’re the only ones that work :rolleyes:

11. Common sense is illegal these days in the UK too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BF8E0E4B-9592-4829-9A3D-9A90445A070E.jpeg
    Used iridium visors for the last 15 years, on a technically illegal helmet in the uk. Been stopped a few times in various spot checks and the odd speeding offence, the helmet and visor have always been ignored, or even complimented on by the police. Only ever been stopped during daylight hours, would never wear this at night.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information