1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips On Selling A Bike?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by camelfarmer, Jun 7, 2018.

1. I am struggling to sell my Kawasaki Ninja 300. It’s been on the Kawasaki owners Facebook site for £2500 and on autotrader for 3 weeks at £2900 and a week at £2600. It looks great with some nice extras and has just had a service and mot.
    Thinking I’ll put it on eBay next.
    Was offered £1800 per exchange before doing £500 worth of repairs and servicing etc so I’d be quite disappointed if I had to go below £2300.

Any ideas? Is eBay worth a shot?

2. There are lots forsale on ebay but only one for auction
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-Ninja-300cc/232794908526?hash=item3633a8676e:g:7HsAAOSwFq1bFkqO

I'd watch what happens with this one to get an idea of the market. Then take a really hard look at your bike compared to this one and price it accordingly. It all depends on how quickly you want to sell.

I've bought bikes and cars from eBay (along with all sorts of other stuff) and would do so again. What do you have to lose by trying? You might want to put an ad on Gumtree too, again nothing ventured...

Goodluck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Is there a local facebook motors page, most towns seem to have them now where you sell everything from cars to bikes also do you know anyone at your local college who could put an advert up on the college noticeboard? being a 300 might just be in someones just passed my test range

• Like Like x 1
  4. Although Ebay is an absolute effin minefield, you can't beat it for visibility. I've been astonished how quickly I've sold stuff on the bay. Just brace yourself for all the dreamers and knobheads that hassle you. GLWS :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What are others selling for? Alas no site can help you if its over priced for the market.

Unless is a Ducati, in which case ask what you like :upyeah:: unamused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. post up the link? for me... and this is just me, I would be making sure that:

1) There aren't any accessories that really split opinion, like gold and purple anodised tat etc, tank grips etc
    2) That the bike is really well presented, good amount of pictures in high res, and that it's clean.
    3) That the advert doesn't come across cocky and arrogant or like you would be really difficult to deal with.
    4) It's priced bang in the middle of the next couple that are in comparable condition within say 40 miles.

Other than that it's a case of waiting, I would say that with a bike like this you would be looking at twice as long to sell as something like a supersport bike given that they are in such over supply now. 3 weeks is really the minimum I would expect to need to advertise to sell something like this especially with the new one having come out and dealers probably pushing PCP on new bikes for summer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Especially if its a unique, preproduction special one off - ask @Exige

8. At £2500 it’s the cheapest on autotrader. And it’s got an akra, it’s the abs model, quality levers, screen, seat etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rt=price-asc&page=1&radius=1500&make=KAWASAKI

10. Last bike I sold I did all sorts on autotrader etc... got nowhere.

Stuck it on eBay and it was gone in no time. Let’s face it, most of us use eBay as our first port of call when bike shopping

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’ve never used it for vehicles! Maybe I should.

12. A great platform for selling anything if you do your home work first,A clean machine with extras and the stock parts, paperwork in order;service records & mot's /receipts/spare key/good tyres/get the price right and don't bullshit.
    it should sell:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I once sold a quad bike on ebay. Within 15 seconds of clicking the 'sell' button my mobile rang and a lad offered full asking. He rocked up next day cash in hand. Get in!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Is there any local-ish large bike meets you could rock upto and put a for sale sign on it?

15. Yep, eBay is the biggest virtual showroom by far. Dont even know how Autotrader even exists these days

16. As others have said, eBay casts it's net the furthest. I've always done OK with it running a classified ad.

I put a spare exhaust on there last week, a lad at work with an 1199 saw it on there and bought it from me. I didn't even know he wanted one. :grinning:

I've also managed to get rid of a load of stuff that would still be hanging around now without eBay. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just be prepared for the wasters, low ballers and general ‘want to swap for a stereo and a 3 piece suite?’ Brigade. Half of them probably from this forum :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. We always wind up my uncle with our best ones whenever he lists something. Swap for daughter and goat etc...

Last time I went a bit too far and shared the listing out on the internet with a ‘do your worst’. :joy:

19. Social media, bike forums, auction sites, or just ask dealer to sell and accept the profit margin they need. I’ve used eBay a lot and it’s fine. No issues.

I like ads that are from owners that come across as they know the bike, have some history, why they are selling, be upfront about any issues, anything you would do to help improve the bike if funds were available. But focus more on the good bits. Good photos are a must, the bike needs to catch your eye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Is the one on ebay a lower/ different spec to yours? Its £300 more than your asking though 2 years newer and has only done 1500 miles. If you were buying one secondhand and offerred yours or that one which would you choose? That one could be under priced but it currently has no offers either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information