1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titanium And Security

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Jerry H848, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Hi Guys
    coolant leak sorted , celebrated with some titanium calliper bolts , floor clamps fitted , rear as well making it as difficult as possible for perps..... 20200428_183842.jpg 20200428_183804.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. If you really want make life harder for thieving scum then a shorter chain that keeps the lock off the floor would be far more effective.

In that position it looks very accessible to freezing and a sledgehammer attack.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Although a big set of bolt croppers would make short work of that chain.

Sorry - not meaning to be negative - just did a lot of research before buying security products and it’s just a matter of seconds for properly prepared bike thieves to get through locks and chains like that - easier still if they aren’t installed in the best possible position.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Hmm - I don’t have one in the Kitchen, well not a whole one.....

I do have one in the lounge it’s true, and one in the garden room, and some fairings in one of the bedrooms, but that’s absolutely it.

The Triumph is in the Garage - locked up with a really big chain though.... :yum

5. Needs a 19 or 22mm pragmasis/almax chain as that’s cut in seconds.
    Ball bearings whacked into the top of the bolts to stop them being unscrewed.
    Did you put the bolts into resin vials?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. That set up will stop local scrotes wheeling it away. But the pros would make very short work of it. That said, if the pro’s really want your bike, they’ll have it. Making it harder to nick than the other guys is key...

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Cordless grinders and 1mm cutting discs are your enemy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. True, but my two don’t care for that theory :):upyeah:

8A63AA62-68B8-4067-BE4E-BFF779A95046.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Agreed .
    Some Eastern European friends recently lost their motorhome from exactly
    that attack method ( clutch pedal was chained to steering wheel ) .

10. Potted plant on the left looks a tad thirsty :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ha ha, good spot. I’ve told the Mrs. Not my department :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I have 2 types of fixings I use, there the Kemfix ones ,the other end of the bike I used csk sleeve anchors with ball bearings in the top

13. its all about making as hard as possible there is someone always at home so that's a plus , I have other security which I wont post about , I also have 2 large black carnivores on guard they will let me know if anybody's 377926_342600045765637_1092571244_n.jpg about, to physically get the bike out from where it is would be very difficult to be honest

• Like Like x 6
  14. fair play i did have in the house but such a pain in the arse getting it in or out

15. yar we use 1mm slitting discs at work will go through anything ( I work for Ozweld international) ,noise would wake the dogs up

16. A cordless vacuum cleaner will make light work of any dog!

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Now that’s what I call security! :grinning: It sounds like you are well covered.

You are totally right that a layered approach is best - if left alone undisturbed there’s no such thing as a chain that can’t be cut with the right tools so it’s just a case of making life as difficult as possible for the scum.

What surprised me most when I did my research though was that you need at least a 16mm chain for it to be uncroppable - after that the quickest and quietist attack is with a sledgehammer so keeping the lock and chain off the floor makes that almost impossible.

The idea is basically to force them to use a cutting disc as that’s the most time consuming and noisy. Bennetts seem to perform the most comprehensive tests these days. Based on their work I went with pragmasis - an alarm - and CCTV. In the absence of big fecking dogs it’s the best I can do!

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...cks/how-we-tested-motorcycle-chains-and-locks

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...ks/how-to-choose-the-best-motorcycle-security

• Like Like x 1
  18. Great muts. You'd have to be seriously hardcore to have a go with those two lurking about. Fuck that!

But yeah, I apply the onion theory to security. The more layers the better :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’ve just fitted a new alarm control box (due to renting the house out soon.....ish) nobody pays a blind bit of notice to the outside bell, and believe me it’s gone off a few times during testing and installation, however we have a fairly innocuous sound bomb in the hallway and feck it’s loud, enough to make your ears bleed if in close proximity for any length of time :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. No, alarms won’t bring in the have a go heroes. They’ll act as an irritant to burglars. Maybe stress him a bit, fuck up his mojo. That’ll do :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information