1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titanium And Security

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Jerry H848, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I work near Lincolnshire, I’ve popped to Moto Italia and Boston bike night but Christ it’s flat. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Back in the people these used to take full size cartridges,the shot was replaced with rock salt and a metal plate was placed underneath to scatter it in the intruders legs ,they were very popular against poachers .

• Like Like x 3
  3. trespassers too ;)

4. Dead and cremated earlier this year so I think you just missed out! o_O

Or had a lucky escape!

Seriously - the family history around this one would make a decent book.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. You missed the best bit - Cadwell Park! It finally gets interesting as you head up into the wolds!

Everywhere else - cabbages :(

6. If that is anything like my old Boxer, it could lick a thief to death quicker than they could grind through a chain. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. How rude I’m sure the peeps aren’t Cabbages, oh hang on the fridge boys working next to me so yeah point taken. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. There are a few things to employ.
    • Don't let anybody know you have a bike in your garage.
    • If it's visible to passers by when the garage door is open or on the drive, don't leave the door open or wash it in public view.
    • Make sure you aren't followed home.
    • Buy good security chain(s) and don't leave a lot of slack on it. A concrete floor is a good anvil for a thief. Wrap it around your bike tightly.
    • Use multiple chains if you can afford it
    • Good quality ground anchor and place it in a position which it hardest to attack.
    • Always chain your bike to an immovable object where possible.
    • Stick any disc locks or padlocks on your discs if you have them. A thief can defeat them in little time, but it all adds up.
    • Secure your garage door to make it difficult to open
    • Park a car in front if possible. Automatic transmission that locks in park is better still.
    • Alarm the garage with battery back up.
    • CCTV
    • Security lights or permanent lighting.
    • Don't advertise your home or garage externally with bike paraphernalia. Be the grey man that nobody notices.
    • If you post pictures anywhere, remove GPS metadata from the pictures (This site doesn't transfer metadata, but facebook etc do)
    • The same if someone is asking for pictures of a bike you are selling.
    • Get friendly with your neighbours and let them know your routine or if you expect to be away from home.
    It goes on. Just be sensible.

#50 Robarano, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. the other end with different fixings and the ball bearings ! 20200430_192050.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. I save these for special occasions. View attachment 198708
    I see you have a parterre, very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Better than nowt but a pro scumbag will pop these up like a carrot. I know because I fitted these.... and promptly lost my 999S :scream:

12. Thanks for the nudge. I've just ordered a good solar PIR and internal alarm to cover my car port. We do park the cars in front but anyone delivering can see there are three bikes so I have to make as unattractive as possible; locks, camera, and now PIR alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks - I had to look that up! :joy:

14. Should give me a bit of time god forbid , bars 25mm solid ,plates 10mm thick bar welded top and underneath so cannot snap off

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information