1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Buy, Or Not To Buy

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Octoberon, Jul 29, 2020.

1. I was going to change my Akras for the Termi.
    The Akras do look nice and do not get people’s backs up riding through all the villages. They do still sound ok but I have always had llud open exhausts on all of my bikes and just fancy a change.
    Need to sell these Akras first though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. We're quite remote as well. just a few houses in our village. I don't mind drawing a look from the local constabulary but I try to avoid being pulled over for a condescending chat.
    The Harleys are quite noisy but not in a raucous inline 4 sort of way, if you now what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disconnecting the exhaust flapper makes for a deeper tone in the lower revs. :cool:

4. I have the high level Akras on mine with baffles in and find it fine, a nice almost muted pop and bang on de-acceleration sometimes.

Have yet to try without the baffles as even being deaf I've found my S/F and 899 a bit too loud for comfort:(

5. My Multi has the standard exhaust but it pops on decelleration at times. All part fo the fun of owning a Ducati.

6. Had one for a year did 10,000 miles on it - its OK.

Oddly it turns quite a lot of heads. Sound is quite nice too with the standard exhaust.

Shame it doesn't have about another 20-30bhp.

Cant really fault it bit disappointed with the paint quality glad I put paint protection film on it.

The rear mirrors are useless due to vibration.

Some people complain they dont go into neutral at a stop. Never really caused me a problem just got used to putting it in neutral before coming to a stop.

The quickshifter is quite good but does miss a change every so often.

Clocks and display are dated - they need an update.

7. Can't disagree with any of that. I've been reminding myself that the BHP figure isn't the only important factor but it's hard to know whether not having a little bit more power would be an irritation over time. Only way to find that out is to buy one.

The clock looks naff compared to the colour TFT on the Multi. Then again, it's a sophisticated display when I put it next to my Street Triple that just has a clock and a little LCD panel. I could live with it.

Did you have the red or white paint on yours?

8. I had a red one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. May I recommend buying a 50cc scooter and using that every day for a month before riding the Supersport. I guarantee it will feel like a rocket after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. :laughing: Yes it does depend what you are coming from.

11. :joy: You make an excellent point. I got off my Multi having just ridden it 250 miles to the dealer (long story) and jumped on the SuperSport. It was like riding a 125 with nitrous!

12. I think the Supersport is fine with the power it had and that is having sports bikes previously.
    I can go as quick on mine n comfort than I could on any of my sports bikes.

Neutral is fine on mine now, clutch is better as well since the adjustment was done.
    Quickshifter does seem to miss 5th to 6th now and again and really crunches trying to get it into a gear.
    Mirrors aren’t much use.

I am well happy with mine and it has been described as a comfortable Panigale by others.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ducati changed the mirrors, later ones a great improvement.

You'll soon be wanting a bit more go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Love mine, I only have the standard so no fancy suspension. It does have a quick shifter tho and heated grips. Quickshifter is ace, I’ve never had one before but I have missed 5th into 6th a couple of times, thought it was me!
    It’s my first Ducati, it’s fast enough for me, I’m coming from a 955i Daytona which was faster but I’m not interested in doing 140mph.
    I like the handling, the noise and love the look of it. Clocks are fine for me too.
    Buy a red one!

• Like Like x 2
  15. I bet they’d look good in Yellow

16. Is there not too much of an overlap with the multi and the supersport? What you need is a street fighter.

17. No overlap at all, I can reach the ground very easily on the Supersport but not so the Multi. You might need a Streetfighter, but I don't as it would not be my kind of weapon for 12 hour riding days.

18. I went from a 1200 Multi to the Supersport. I rode the new Multi and the Supersport back to back and immediately decided the Supersport was the bike for me. It fits me perfectly, is lighter, smaller, has all the power I need and with panniers and a Kriega pack has all the touring capacity I need. A larger tank would have been nice but there are not many places that you can ride 150+ miles without finding fuel somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I've got the Street Triple for that style of bike. The Multi is quite a different beast to the SuperSport. I bought it for doing miles, touring. The SS would be just for fun.
    I'd probably go for the Panagale over the StreetFighter. Both likely to be more mad than I need. Saw a bloke arrive back from a SF test ride the other week and the first words out of his mouth after taking his helmet off were, "fookin' 'ell!".

20. Personaly I find quite an advantage with quiet bikes these days.

Under the radar and all that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information