1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 To Change Or Not To Change?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by gt_lad, Jun 14, 2017.

1. If you have a 5.5 rim imho I'd stick to the narrower tyre and lower profile. It may be a little noticeable when riding, but not all 55 profiles are equal. Eg there is a huge difference between the Scorpion and PR4 yet on paper same size :)

2. As cookster said, Cornwall. I suspect a long way from you?

3. Your absolutely right, I love it when riding quickly, it sounds amazing, looks stunning and is relatively comfortable. Given I'm 6'5 that's a big deal and often rules out so many options. If the future Ducati V4 is going to be big money then it won't be in the picture (I'm a bit tight!!). Despite owing my 899 the PCP deal on the Tuono looked attractive when combined with the potential of being a bit more forgiving yet still a hooligan when called for! But I've since discovered the insurance premium doubles and I simply can't justify that. I think spending some money on the 899 in form of mapping etc might be worth it. Any suggestions on who to contact?

4. If you're Cornwall based probably CJS Bristol. Have you tried a multi? Seriously, it could be made for you....nothing will beat it around those little Cornish lanes ;)

5. My local dealer has an open day soon, might just grab a ride on one to see what they're like. Could it away me from my love of sports bikes??! Ha ha, let's see.

6. Turn wheelie control off and tell us it isn't good fun ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I've got family down in Cornwall but yes unfortunately a good 4.5+ hours lol

8. Add termis, the remap that comes with them smooths it out really well, baffles out is superb, with them in its 'almost' quite.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'd definitely consider a Multi if I were you. I've seen lads on Multi's blow some power rangers on sports bikes into the weeds. And they pootle and tour too.

If I was tall enough I'd have one in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. you're not allowed @Wayne58 says so ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ha ha ha, you shorties are so sensitive :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not normally because most stuff goes over our heads :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. When the seed is planted in your head that you're thinking of changing it's pointless trying to rationally talk yourself out of it. I've tried many times and gone from D675>D675>D675R>STR>D675R(car hit it>Tiger800(shite)>899>1299>Multi1200S

I read once on this forum buying a Multi would make you bang your head against the wall as to why you endured the quirks of a sportsbike on the road for so long. Six weeks into ownership I can say whoever said that was right. Do i miss the 1299? Only when watching the WSBKs. I certainly don't miss it when I'm riding the multi as it's really, really fucking good. For a lad of your height too it would be perfect.

I still class myself as young in biking terms (36) and I can finally, finally say I don't feel I need a sportsbike to ride how I want to ride on the road anymore. Push some buttons on the Multi and it goes from, lovely and comfy for commuting to work, to the raging lovechild of Megatron and an 1198. Try one and like @bradders says turn off DWC or stick it on 1.

Don't forget to post some photos when you buy one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Panigale can't be too easy for you either, unless you have one of these? :)

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. It's easier, but not brilliant :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. IME the pangiale is taller in the seat sat down then the multi. just getting on/off the bike and the sidestand (in particular because f the weight) is harder on a multi :)

#36 bradders, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  17. Yes I found that when I sat on one on Saturday in the showroom.

18. If it's anything like the results on the 796 hypermotard then forget the so called "racing" ECU that comes with the Termi's have it remapped on a Dyno instead

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ok so, I went to try the Tuono factory and didn't even ride it... Way too small. Shame, the dealers were throwing money at me for a deal, p.ex value was incredible plus discounts!
    Anyway, even on an almost two hour ride home I still wasn't sure about the 899... but last night I went out on my own, on my favourite quiet roads, and the love affair has re-ignited. I'm still tempted to keep an open mind but in between a remap/some tuning of sorts might be wise, that and get the tps re-calibrated. Then maybe a few dressy bits for show! Any recommendations on tuning companies?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information