1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 To Change Or Not To Change?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by gt_lad, Jun 14, 2017.

1. just get new mates

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I like it!! :D very direct and to the point !!

3. I've never ridden an 899, but the 959 I have wants to be ridden much the same, my mate I ride with often has a 1199R so we get a pace on when we can, but 30 through villages and yes its quite lumpy.. I quite like the character of it though. I rode a 1200R Monster and a Super Sport pre purchase... both bikes I really liked and thought would be a next choice when I'm done with the Panigale and Superbikes!

5. Love the 899, and 959 ain't shifting so well so keep hold of it till it has to go, I'm Plymouth way if you fancy a ride out at some point. once it's hot it's not as notchy, Enjoy the sun

• Like Like x 1
  6. 120 miles from a tank? Bloody hell I only get 75 miles out of a tank on 959. I must have a hole somewhere. Lol

7. My 899 wasn't and my 959 isn't notchy at all. You just have to use the throttle and clutch smoothly.

8. I found the throttle spacer helped as well smoothing the throttle at slow speeds.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Have you had it mapped, cause mine is rubbish at low speed when it's cold, which can be for half an hour.

10. Nope. It's absolutely straight out of the box. The 899 & 959 are as smooth and as easy to ride as a JIL4.

If you think yours is lumpy at low speed then try an 848 or 1098, then you'll know what lumpy is. Took me a while to suss my 848 Evo corse out and work out how to make it smoother with better clutch/throttle control.

11. I think the 899 is fine but it's not as smooth as a jap IL4 600. Never ridden any other Ducati or any other V twin tbh.

12. I really don't think you guys are filling the tank properly...are you filling it with the bike on the side stand??

If so, you'll only get the tank about 80% full.

Sit on bike to hold it vertical and fill tank to the black plastic neck, should easily see you to 110 ish miles on the road.

Either that or you've got a race eprom fitted which is making the bike drink fuel, mines just bog standard.

13. No I sit on the bike and fill right to the top. Usual mpg is around 32 to 35. Obviously more if I go steady.

14. I easily get over a 100 miles to the take never taken it to the limit.

15. I have a few mates with a panigale and on our usual route of 100 miles we all have to fill up before we head home. All my other bikes I could do that route in one go.
    I think it's a mix of a smaller tank and being thirsty.

16. I usually get 100 miles before reserve regardless how I ride

I have never managed more than 14 or certainly 15 litres of fuel when it's running on fumes so is a small tank but you can think it's full when it's not due to the shape of the tank.

When I fill up with reserve light it usually takes about 12-13 litres.

When the fuel reaches the cap you can easily get another litre in there but you would think it looked full

#57 flatstick959, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. My gixer seems thirsty and 70 miles for 11 litres. Yet you fellas are getting less from your 899s. It must be like the TT riding with you lot :upyeah:

18. Is only the power delivery or the riding position you are not 100% happy with?
    In my humble opinion sport bikes are way overkill for road only riding.
    Supersport seems a good option for road and ocassional track riding?

19. Just get a Multistrada matey. Mine has enough to leave black lines out of corners at about 90, apparently :upyeah:

Btw PR4s. Great tyres. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information