1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Go Slick Or Not To Go Slick ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Android853sp, Mar 1, 2019.

1. You’ll be ok there tbf. Run warmers though. They’ll do 2 things- reduce heat cycles and give you confidence on your outlap. Enjoy!

2. Got Capit by Crescent warmers :upyeah: Found out very early on, keeping the tyre warm throughout the day preserved the tyre and gave a more consistent performance. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doh thought the SC meant Supercorsa!!! :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I change them when the profile changes and I can feel it when tipping the bike in. I've never lost grip on the VO2's or Dunlop KR's before I've changed them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I'm thinking the same.... I've decided to try the Metzler CompK slick... Designed for track-days and club racing... Not as fussy with set up as full race slicks and work at lower temps...if dry next week I'll be at Donington and getting a set fitted and will give you some feedback.... Running Rosso Corsa 2 on an 1198 lapping at 1.53 (that was in Nov at 5 degrees!) … Hoping to get into the late 1.40s soon!

6. I had some Metzeler Compk slicks fitted on Monday and I think they are great. They replaced ROSSO Corsa 2 and I did a load of work on my bike over winter so it's hard to give a direct comparison.

I was running in the middle of the fast group and didn't have a single issue on a coolish day with quite a lot of red flags and bad accidents causing 5 mins wait on the pit lane.

I recommend them to anyone considering slicks for the first time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information