1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 To Really Mess Things Up You Need A Computer

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Conradv2, Jul 30, 2016.

1. I have the coil off the horizontal cylinder now. I have 0.8 ohms between the two oustide pins in the plug. Is this the correct place to measure? Also 3.45k ohms middle pin to sparkplug contact.

I have connected to the ECU with the new cable as above but I still cant get JPdiag to work. Again the guzzi software connects ok.
    It reads 3 faults in history

"P0110 : invalid signal" (air temperature)
    "P0351 : to low" (coil)
    "P0230 : no signal" I think is fuel pump (sounds like its running ok)

Im going to try the vertical coil on the horizintal again this time after clearing the codes.

2. Not sure whether my coils are new or old type.
    Is it easy to tell the difference??
    Not that I'm getting any problems atm.

3. New type has a cable built in , the old ones have a socket where a plug connects to it

4. OK , so I finally get round to stripping the ecu out, When I got down to it there's grease or oil all over the connector and inside. I'm sure that's not helping. Th 40 amp fuse container is also full of liquid oil when I open it . There's nothing at all on the engine or oil cooler - where is that coming from ?

I have checked the wiring an unfortunately all good.

The fault code is still the same 10.2 so it looks like a new ECU and Flash. Well Scunnered.

20161209_152916.jpg

5. It's been a while but now I have purchased an ECU from eBay. The bike now fires up on two but I have misfiring on the horizontal (no fault codes) . I put new plugs in and swapped them over with vert but same. Feels a bit like deja vu.

I think I'm going to send away both ECUs for test/repair , any recommendations ?

6. @chrisw

7. There was a recommendation to replace the relay. Did you actually do it??
    I now have similar problems with the fault code for horizontal coil shorting to power supply

8. I bought two new relays and tried them both , I'm pretty sure its not an issue on mine. From ebay , link expired
    [​IMG]MICRO Relays - 4 Pin - 'Normally Open' - 20A - 12V - SEALED - PACK OF 2

9. Is the relay you have in now one of the new ones then?
    If you have power to the relay but not at the other end of the wire from the relay, I would suspect the relay first. However, if it's a new one, that's another matter.
    Have you checked the suspect wire for continuity?

10. I have checked continuity to earth and to the ecu connector on the relevant wires , also 12v where it should be , unfortunately all good. The relay is currently on the new but I have tried with them all. Also spent some time on the battery connections. Thanks for suggestions.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information