1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today I've Been Making Curries

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I cooked a chicken vindaloo last night, nepalese style, lots of whole dried red chilli with a couple of fresh reds, big garlic and ginger with star anise, red wine, hot and heavy, a saag aloo and mushroom pilau rice.
    There's some left so those chillis can work a little extra magic.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Totally agree, sometimes I need to push the boundaries a little.

3. During this lock down we have tried to cook lots of new things, drifted into some real mexican, regional indian, it's all so similar with some subtle changes, most of it starts onions, garlic, chilli.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I like the modern style indian restaurants that cook flavoursome fragrant dishes with a backgound heat.

5. I have heard the vin in vindaloo was introduced by Portuguese sailors, sounds reasonable.

6. Thank you @Robarano rano for this thread / today I did the lamb pasanda with the leftover lamb and some of the ‘sauce’ I made when you first launched this thread - delicious - also made sourdough naan :upyeah:
    & fried brown rice

nothing left !
    970201AD-D381-45EB-BFD8-ADC6E2702E82.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Is that Nan Char Grilled :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. M1.jpg M2.jpg

Fish Madras tonight served on a garlic and coriander naan. Really tasty and quite hot.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Al's back ! :) His 1st recipe in a year, Lamb Madras Masala. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Tonight I made a Thai green curry for the couple next door. He is vegan so I used Tofu as the meat/fish alternative.
    Thai.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. I’ve just dragged some venison out of the freezer - going to try a dilpasand which normally uses mutton

will report back tomorrow unless anyone’s got a tried recipe ?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Top timing. :)

As I have a load of Ginger in that needs using, I've looked at a ginger curry recipe from Misty Ricardo today. I'm going to make this one tonight.

Chicken Tikka Adrak. :yum

• Like Like x 3
  13. I have used venison, treat it like lamb, long and slow cooking.

14. It wasn’t from the butchers lol

15. I can report that Chicken Tikka Adrak was tops. :yum

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Late to the game here, but did my first Al's kitchen chicken chasni yesterday - well tasty, no more takeaway for me :D

Cheers for the link :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chasni is my favourite too.

Once you have your base gravy, you can knock most things up in 30 mins

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Had mince chasni tonight with base gravy to spare, pizza chasni tomorrow :thinkingface::D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Al's got a new one today. 5 Spice Chicken Dhansak. I think i'll make one tomorrow. :yum

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information