1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonights Dinner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NoGutsNoGlory, Jan 2, 2020.

• Crap Crap x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. I did say anything goes and light hearted. ;)

Cooked on the day is preferable though. :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Oh, and while we are shellfish-ley off topic...

160810121051.jpg

3. oh man, i been waiting for a foodie thread but didnt want to start one due to brexit and the up coming inability to import produce from the eu...
    only joking, i love cooking...
    not tonight but last week i made the most wicked bone in rib roast...
    take a large chunk of Scottish beef (i can say Scottish here right?) and smother it in ya favorite bbq sauce or something equally tangy, i like jack daniels sauce for this my self. let it stand at room temp for a good few hours. then sear it in a smoking hot fry pan as this cooking method wont brown the meat and seal in the juices (it will however give you the bestest bone in rib roast ever!!)
    preheat the oven to 250c then throw the meat in and leave the oven on for 5 mins for ever pound (2.2 pounds in a kilo) then switch the oven of and leave for 3 hours..
    AT NO POINT OPEN THE OVEN!!! no mater how nice it smells or how much you want to take a look. thats probably the hardest part of this gig...
    remove and wrap in foil while ya roast ya veg and what not....
    this is fool proof and fantastic!!!
    the only down side is the cost of a nice bit of Scottish bone in beef, lucky for me the tesco butcher department had it half price last week but it was still 14 squids a kilo and probably 10-20% is bone...

• Like Like x 8
  4. shut it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Wish you had posted this tomorrow.
    Then it would be

upload_2020-1-2_23-5-46.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. oh and if you have a fan oven, after the correct time at 250, kill the oven at the spur if its one that the fan keeps running to kill the heat quickly. learnt this the hard way first time up. 3 hours at the pub only to come home to a cold raw roast...

#28 chizel, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ohh, nice bit of squirrel!
    :)

8. Shalom!

9. Bit wasted on here, this thread.

It's what Instagram was invented for.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. If theres one thing worse than a political thread...its a cooking one....fucking strictly thread next...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. oii! i like cooking fuck you very much!! fuck off to the old where do i put my tax disc thread iffa ya dont like it.. and take loz with ya....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. I’m crap at cooking, but still try o_O

tried cook / recipes books but they all seem to assume you know how to cook.

It’s something to do in the winter too.

Keep the ideas coming @chizel , just keep the instructions simple.

13. i only do simple bud

• Like Like x 1
  14. My personal take on a piece of beef like that is to just roast it slowly and no added sauces and marinades, why mask the taste of that gorgeous beast ? Same with sausages i will only eat good quality pork or beef without any of these added flavours, strange because years ago i would go for all that added stuff but of late i can't stand food that has been fvcked about with other than presenting itself as it is. Just saying.......... egg and bacon sarny just going down the neck.

• Like Like x 2
  15. right, best bacon and eggs ever...
    take a few capsicum (or peppers to you englanders) a red onion and some garlic, dice chunky, fry off in a hot as fuck pan, when nearly cooked throw in some sliced chorizo (buy the good stuff, as in a proper sausage, not the pre sliced cheap skate shit) add thick cut bacon. when its all sizzling and browning up nice, throw in a hand full of halved cherry toms then cover with fuck loads of baby spinach . from adding spinach to plating up will only take about 1.5 mins.. while this shit is happening poach some eggs. again, use good ones, not ya cheap arse glow in the dark English shit..
    serve on a heavily buttered slice of tiger loaf...
    if this shit dont get ya brownie points from the missus , she is fucked up and should be killed at the first opportunity (after she has washed up)

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  16. horses for courses and you dont gotta do the same thing all the time... sometimes i like a bit of rump just flash fried fast as fuck on a bit of bread.. other times i like a bit or rib eye with a honey and balsamic reduction served on a bed of baby potatoes with soured cream!!! its all good!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. oh man......... i having two breakies now, damn you.:yum

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information