1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Took A While, But Got One At Last!!

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by pablo, Nov 14, 2017.

1. From North of England?

2. Looks stunning. Congrats :upyeah:

3. A lot of rice rockets and 1299, V4 are marginally quicker, but this the one to have :)
    A proper GP replica..I assume the prices will go out the roof in 10 years time.

4. i remember a lady owned one in the South East - popped into Halfords Guildford once, asked a few basic questions on here or Ducatisti Forum after including a selfie, the queue to answer crashed the server from memory.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Oh no, mine has 2,800 miles on it since new in 2010, about 400 miles a year. I've got a big bill coming in 2047 at this rate. :worried: Bollocks. :sob:

£50k service bill btw. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

• WTF WTF x 1
  6. My mate has one with 43 miles on it, never had it serviced since he bought it new. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Cheers everybody. Will probably only ever ride it to and from the MOT station!! Maybe I should MOT it in Poland......:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. The price they ask and the price they get are as usual poles apart. The reason I asked if it was bought in Germany is because I was too slow to miss one (is that English) which sold a month ago for 40K€. That would seem to be a realistic figure. I don't doubt prices will rise over the long term but I do think that some current asking prices are in dreamland and I for one will only buy at what I deem fair value so the more there are like me will help to keep sale prices achieved (as opposed to asking prices) at a realistic level!

• Like Like x 1
  9. My opinion,,,I missed several bikes, and the lack of available bikes will only serve to push prices up next year. It was sold too cheap when new, and will gain value quickly. Why say asked prices are poles apart from achieved prices, have you sold one? I could have been stubborn, and held out for one at 40k, but I would never have owned one.........

10. I have a mate who wanted / wants one. I bought mine about 4 years back and at the time some high milers were around the £29k ~ £30k mark, but typically most bikes were around £32k ~ £33k up to about £38k I watched them for ages and the prices seemed to have bottomed out, so I bought mine. My mate said at the time he would buy one when they hit £20k (he was serious btw). I think his logic was that they were about £44k new and he was seeing them @ £30k after 3 years, so that depreciation trend would continue :thinkingface: He's resigned to not owning one now. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. Er, because they are!
    https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...0&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=Desmosed
    Do you think he'll find a buyer?
    Alternatively,
    https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...Desmosedici&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MB&fnai=prev
    Here's one at £40,000, so yes you could have.
    No, I don't sell bikes, I only but them and only at the right price (to me).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buy them, ha ha, and also just my opinion!

13. Ha ha, clearly I'm expecting to pay iro 40k (€/£ or whatever). To anticipate a drop in value to 20k for such a limited production run would border on the delusional.
    I'm emphasising how as we know there are a lot of chancers in the used bike market and if you look at the link I just posted you'll see a guy in Germany asking 149,000€ for his. (So it's not just the guy in Sheffield). Equally, a guy in Sweden is asking 45,000€ for his and this is still for sale. It has more kms but at least it will have had the re-assurance of the big number service.
    I still want one and aim to aquire one but I work really hard for my money, delivering high quality product at fair value and I'll only part with it if I see fair value in return.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Beautiful. One day I'll ride one of these around a track! (but not on the original tyres.....!)

15. From the original Service Bulletin you had Service 1, within 6 months of delivery date or after 600 miles.
    Service 2, within 12 and 36 months from delivery date.
    Service 3, within 24 months from delivery date.
    Service A, after 7500 miles and every 15000 miles afterwards (7500, 22500, 37500 ......)
    Service B after 15000 miles and every 15000 miles aftrewards (15000, 30000, 45000 ....)
    In the first 36 months dealers were reimbursed as follows :
    S1 - £90.09. S2 - £169.11. S3 - £226.27
    SA - £743.28. SB - £764.74
    Tonight I will look through the workshop maintenance CD and find the times taken and what needs to be done. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  16. Okay, the only major work required on the Maintenance Schedule is
    check (adjust if required) valve clearances every 7,500 miles
    check (replace if required) timing gear shafts wear at 22,500 miles (and I guess every 22,500 miles afterwards but the schedule doesn't look that far ahead)
    check gear selector forks and gearbox gear coupling dogs wear every 15,000 miles (as the gearbox is a cassette, that work isn't a big deal)
    check (replace if required) clutch plate pack every 7,500 miles
    It is known that the pistons and barrels and throttle bodies had to be changed on some of the earlier bikes but this would have been done under warranty although I am not sure if there was a recall that would have caught the zero mile bikes. Later bikes (I believe numbers 900 ish and above) had revised pistons and throttle bodies fitted at the factory before delivery.
    Having gone through the workshop manual, I can find no reason for the routine maintenance at any mileage requiring 40 hours labour or costing 10s of thousands of pounds. Certainly if any of the check and replace items have to be replaced at the same time, I could certainly see the service costing £3K but so did my 1098R for a valve clearance service when a complete new clutch, sprockets and chain were fitted. Hope this helps.
    Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. So, usual Ducati hype?
    That's somewhat reassuring, certainly for those of us at the stage of considering purchasing and I quite agree that 3K odd for a comprehensive service for something as exotic as a D16 doesn't sound unreasonable. I spent more than that on my VW Transporter last month, and that just carries the bikes around!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information