1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Top Box Plate

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Feb 3, 2019.

1. When I bought them they were all over eBay and even on Trademe here in NZ. I can't seem to find them now...but they were a Ducati fitment I think, only cost me about $30?
    https://goo.gl/images/8Ynvmg

2. IMG_1206.PNG Try searching this seller from hongkong...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. OK, thanks :upyeah: Have used them before for levers on a previous bike.

4. I think, based on https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-...ducati-multistrada-1200-enduro-950-1260-black (SW-MOTECH STREET-RACK Luggage Top Rack For Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro '16-'18, Multistrada 950 '17-'18 & Multistrada 1260 '18-'19) that Ventura L-BRACKET for Multistrada 950, 2017 (Part # D049/B) should fit 1260

5. Sw Motech set up, only use to put lids in or carry light stuff

6. Thanks for the info, that's all I used my last one for, Helmet and jacket storage while out and about.

7. that's a similar set up to my 1200 DVT with my Givi Outback Trekker on even when empty I find the topbox rocks to much

8. Really don't know what you're talking about. Mine is ABSOLUTELY steady, not moving even a single millimeter! Are you sure you installed it right? Are you loading tons of stuff in the case? There is no any other rational explanation to your issue...

9. the sw motech aluminium plate that attaches to the grab handle is rock steady, but the monkey adapter plate that fixes to that with the sprung loaded twist fittings isn't secure enough and even when my topbox is empty I can here it banging. If you lay your hand on the topbox you can rock it back and forth easily. When I get a chance I will video it.My friend had a 2014 multistrada with the proper give topbox mount and that was rock solid

10. I got it, you have a problem with the adapter plate. Does the adapter plate move in the aluminum plate or the case in the adapter plate?
    My adapter plate (Givi Monolock) does not move at all. Actually, it seats very tight in the aluminum plate. The box moves less than 1 mm if I push on it very-very hard. But that's what it suppose to be, because the case seats on rubber dumpers.

BTW, My friend has Multistrada 1200 GT, 2014 with Ducati top case, and when I ride behind him, his top case jumps like crazy! Mine is dead solid compared to the original Ducati case

11. in my opinion there doesn't seem to be a positive fixing between the plate and adapter plate. I has thinking of buying a used aluminium plate and bolting that on. i'm currently in the process of building some wall brackets for my panniers. I'll get that done first. I've almost run out of miles on my insurance until May!!!

12. [QUOTE="ZR1000A1, post: 1295287, member: 41216"
    BTW, My friend has Multistrada 1200 GT, 2014 with Ducati top case, and when I ride behind him, his top case jumps like crazy! Mine is dead solid compared to the original Ducati case[/QUOTE]

Two reasons for this:
    1) the hole in the back of the plate where the latch goes has worn. If it wears too much the box can part company so he needs to check it. This is exactly the reason I changed my topbox plate a few years back.
    2) he is missing some of the rubber bungs on the plate. These are a standard givi part, and last time I bought some they were about 5 quid a pair, just search for 'givi topbox bung'. If necessary you can fit an additional washer below their head to push them out a bit, but they are more likely to come out if you do so (they stick to the underside of the case and get pulled out by it).

13. yep, they are the ones.
    I carry spare ones in my tool kit, for those annoying times I lose one on a trip :relieved:

14. Sorry for the late reply, but I've just had confirmation from Ventura that the 950 L brackets fit the 1260, despite not being listed as such on their web site.Ventura are however developing new brackets for the 1260, that will enable the panniers to be used as well, due in 8 weeks.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I've managed to sort top box carrier from Ducati, Riders of Bridgwater sourced all the individual parts except the box so I could re-use an old top box and it all fits perfectly.

16. I also went with the SW Motech route but had the cunning plan of fitting the mounting brackets directly to the SW rack. It lowers the top box 1 inch and forward by 3 inch, which is great for touring with large top box (pushing it further onto the rear rack) with rollbag on the back seat. 20190104_1244312.jpg 20190221_200154.jpg IMG_3696.JPG IMG_3704.JPG

17. How much were the individual parts, I’m thinking of doing the same, as I already have a top box from previous Multi

18. Just under £200, a little expensive but guaranteed to fit properly.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information