1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Top Speed - Stock (15/40t)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, Mar 31, 2019.

1. What's the measured top speed of a stock Multistrada (15/40) 1260?
    GPS is best as the speedometer is overstated by 5%.
    P.S. 1200 owners also.

#1 DarR, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. never been above 70mph.... Honestly Guv.:D
    not going to say on a public forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Are you 12? :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mine did 75... was all crouched down on the tank and my goggles were steaming up. I thought she was going to blow a gasket, an' Ole Zeke was just shovelling coals in like a man possessed... we were really on one.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. That's what my wife said.
    Actually, she said 16 but I think she was just being polite.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I guess top speed depends on wind-direction and other variations that could effect top speed. When calculating RPM vs speed in 6'th gear, the 1260 should manage around 300km/h if it could reach redline with stock gearing.

7. Looking for "Measured" top speed. Post your photos and video links if you have'em.
    For example, this is a photo of my previous Panigale 959 after I reduced the counter sprocket to 14T from 15T. Otherwise, the bike was stock.

20170906_093131-c1.jpg

#7 DarR, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  8. Here's a screen grab from my GPS
    [​IMG]

From my VFR800 (Interceptor as it's know on the other side of the pond). Beat that :D:rolleyes::grinning:

That was a real reading, not a photoshop job. GPS dead reckoned after sharp bend in some woods where the GPS reception was patchy. It then proceeded to catch up with where I really was. Mach 3, pretty impressive for a Honda...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I don't believe your VFR800 was stock. You must have changed the gearing. :innocent:

10. Zaljava airbase in Croatia serves as a perfect test for this....indicated was 156mph

Untitled.jpeg

What other use is there for a disused/abandoned airbase? :thinkingface:

11. I also used an abandoned air strip & managed to get up to 81 mph. o_Oo_O. Crapped me sen. Was not abandoned. Lear jet landing. :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm still trying to perfect getting my feet on the back light before I make a top speed run.

TB

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My bike has no power mods, just a cat bypass and better brakes.
    Whilst on a trip in Germany 2 years back playing with a mate on a new GS LC. He was solo with a rear bag, we were two up with full luggage.
    His ran out of steam at 135 but we had to push the point so we kept going, went up another gear and we saw a gps speed of 145mph. It was still pulling but we ran out of road as some of the bends although open with clear vision were getting a bit lively at that speed :yum
    Mrs W loved it, honest :blush:

14. Yet to run in my Multi 1260S but on my previous bike, a Monster 1200S I've seen 160 on the clock

15. Enough to get you 12 months and a 3 year ban and a hefty fine

16. Thanks mum...sorry mum...:pensive:......

17. I have a standard 1200 monster so obviously it wont have the same top speed but I wouldnt want to get anywhere remotely near that regardless of the bikes ability. I imagine it would get ridiculously windy and uncomfortable at anything much over 100, did you get yourself surgically attached to the bike or have you spent too much time on your own and you have developed a fiendish grip ?

#17 dukesox, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HA Ha I had the small screen fitted which helped a little and just laid flat on the tank and gave it wide open throttle for as long as I dare and as soon as I hit that sort of speed I backed off as it was not the most comfortable nor stable situations for prolong periods, just wanted to see what she would do and now I know

19. of course it is if on the public highway, on a track not so much

20. Unless your names Dovi, Casey, Troy or Carl you won't get the maximum out of the bike with the standard set up

Do Not Sell My Personal Information