1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Top Speed - Stock (15/40t)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, Mar 31, 2019.

1. T500 that depends on what your talking about.
    This thread is about top speeds, and to be fair anyone can go fast in a straight line if they feel inclined to do so, given the right conditions. So getting the maximum in that respect is not so hard.

Clearly on a track those guys would ride rings around most of us. Then again if I wanted to go play at the track I would probably take a different bike ;)

2. Sorry that’s nonsense. Go do the ARD airfield days at Odium, you will get it as flat out as it can be unless it’s a 200 mph sports beast. You don’t have to be a riding god: jut a long enough road and the balls to max it out.

Had my 848 on the limiter in top and my old 1000 Blade flat out in the red in top.

And a Monster 1200 will outdrag a multi, no problem, and I know becaue they did at Silverstone on the hanger straight. About 110 and they pull away.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's nonsense really how many times are you going to be on a airfield or on track the standard gearing is more than sufficient for real world riding

4. Don't think anyone suggested it wasn't, other than you suggesting no one should change it.

Join OMCC and probably 4 times per year, join sister club at Benson and maybe 4 more ;)

IME shortening the gearing helps a lot with every day riding, and so you lose a little top end: not like you can get up there (except on said airfields). But having a shorter first and second makes sub 30 easy and tractable, with no need for first. And thats real world riding

5. I managed 184mph on the then new blade SP at Bruntingthorpe, then bottled it, nerves shredded at that speed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information