1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque Wrench

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by ducmon1200s, Jun 28, 2017.

1. +1 for Halfords Pro, bought all 3 in the range about 18 months ago, regularly used, no issues and very accurate. I think they were 79.99 for the first 2 and 89.99 for the big 300 NM one.

8-60 NM
    40 - 200 NM
    60 - 300 NM

2. I was told to unwind the Halfords Pro ones all the way to the little cross hatch in the gauge after each use ?? Is this incorrect ? I didn't think you could unwind too far, just till it stops ?

#22 Wayne58, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  3. The Teng stuff is decent quality and very reasonable priced.
    I bought 3 different sized ones after asking the same question on here a couple of years ago. The biggest going up to 200Nm I think.
    Exactly the same ones our race team mechanic uses so can't be that bad.

4. That's correct. The Halfords ones do have a stop. You can also turn the base of the handle to lock them but some of the cheaper ones don't have stops, especially the old fashioned type where the handle winds down to reveal the torque increments like a pencil tyre pressure gauge. Some of those will spring apart in your hands if you keep going.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. nice work

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. i have a 5-25 on a 1/4 drive from laser model 3541. its ok for what i paid but needs a finer ratchet pitch

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shit how can u not want to buy a torque wrench?confidence alone is worth the investment,but in regards to adjusting the chain on Ducatis sssa's I think it's a must.For me with the 1199 I was at the track & decided to adjust the chain I had a torque wrench & went over just a hair & cracked not the bolt but the swing arm it's self.pissed is an understatement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just sold 3 of my old torque wrench's on ebay just because I felt they required calibrating, Sold no probs, 2 Were sykes pickavant (motorq 100 and the 200) and one of the older norbar 3/8 slo wrenches(req new plastic handle), All were cracking quality tools but weren't worth putting money out on calibrating,
    Have a 1/4 1nm-10nm britool which is luvly to use, Took a Norbar tti 50 home last week and was well impressed so just ordered the tti250, All 3 covers all in require.
    Looking at the Halford's ones and tbh they look identical to the sykes ones ive just sold, I'm near sure they could be the same wrenches but a lot cheaper with the Halfords name on. Any one with the Halfords wrench confirm whether they are identical, see photo's
    2017-04-22 15.06.18.jpg
    2017-04-22 15.02.20.jpg

9. Just sold 3 of my old torque wrench's on ebay just because I felt they required calibrating, Sold no probs, 2 Were sykes pickavant (motorq 100 and the 200) and one of the older norbar 3/8 slo wrenches(req new plastic handle), All were cracking quality tools but weren't worth putting money out on calibrating,
    Have a 1/4 1nm-10nm britool which is luvly to use, Took a Norbar tti 50 home last week and was well impressed so just ordered the tti250, All 3 covers all i require.
    Britool's probably the one's ide buy if moneys no object, There mostly what ive used all 30years as an hgv mechanic, Very hard life and handle it well, We used to calibrate every couple years, Were used daily and calibrations weren't far out,
    Looking at the Halford's ones and tbh they look identical to the sykes ones ive just sold, I'm near sure they could be the same wrenches but a lot cheaper with the Halfords name on. Any one with the Halfords wrench confirm whether they are identical? see photo's
    View attachment 93052
    View attachment 93053

#31 jack999s, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information